Volvo On call connection problem

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
skimm

Post by skimm »

Hi there campers,

I'm having a major issue with Volvo On Call
My phone does not seem to be able to connect. Goes on for minutes then 'oops, something went wrong' error message.
I've tried a different phone, Volvo created another ID for me so tried that too, I disabled the onboard modem, then enabled it just to try, I've connected using 5g, 4g, logged onto the built in volvo on call app, and logged out, reinstalled the app probably 10 times now. I;ve tried it all!
Called Volvo on call customer services and then the main Volvo customer services who got the dealership to look at it. it went back to the to the garage. They allegedly did some software updates, and managed to connect their phone.
Just got my car back from them... and it's the same again.

My previous Volvo connected wihtin 10seconds, this one - no joy...

Anyone ever encountered similar issues?
Any help would be appreciated!
T5 Twin Engine Plug-in Hybrid, R-Design Pro, Crystal White, Intellisafe Pro, Convenience Pack, Xenium Pack, Winter Plus Pack. Sensus Connect with H&K Sound System, Foldable Tow Bar Feb-20

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

skimm wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:41 pm Hi there campers,

I'm having a major issue with Volvo On Call
My phone does not seem to be able to connect. Goes on for minutes then 'oops, something went wrong' error message.
I've tried a different phone, Volvo created another ID for me so tried that too, I disabled the onboard modem, then enabled it just to try, I've connected using 5g, 4g, logged onto the built in volvo on call app, and logged out, reinstalled the app probably 10 times now. I;ve tried it all!
Called Volvo on call customer services and then the main Volvo customer services who got the dealership to look at it. it went back to the to the garage. They allegedly did some software updates, and managed to connect their phone.
Just got my car back from them... and it's the same again.

My previous Volvo connected wihtin 10seconds, this one - no joy...

Anyone ever encountered similar issues?
Any help would be appreciated!
Had similar problems this evening in trying to set up my new purchase. Recall I also had similar back in 2018 with the first one. Went through all the hoops, changing everything, and got nowhere. Waited and then went back to the car to try again - and it worked. So - sorry, can’t give you a solution, but just suggest keep trying again perhaps.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Perky

Post by Perky »

There is another thread with the same issue.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2405&p=21032#p21032

It works intermittently on mine. When I called Volvo they said nobody had reported that before! Apple said to me it is the app that is the problem. I am sure it is the app.
T4 AWD Oct 2019
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Might be the car that's not got a good mobile signal from its onboard sim so the app can't talk to the car.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
skimm

Post by skimm »

blastpipe wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:39 pm Might be the car that's not got a good mobile signal from its onboard sim so the app can't talk to the car.
thing is the car mode, car wifi, bluetooth = all of it works fine. I'm also told that the technician managed to connect his phone when they tried.
I suspect it's got something to do with my Volvo ID and server side problems, but noone has an inkling what causes it.
T5 Twin Engine Plug-in Hybrid, R-Design Pro, Crystal White, Intellisafe Pro, Convenience Pack, Xenium Pack, Winter Plus Pack. Sensus Connect with H&K Sound System, Foldable Tow Bar Feb-20
Involvoed

Post by Involvoed »

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. For no obvious reason the app just would not work, when it had been working fine up to that point. It kept on saying it was "Signing In ....." and eventually gave a non-specific error message. This went on for at least 10 days, during which I tried everything, including changes of passwords, re-setting up the broadband connection in the car, switching off WiFi to sign in to the app via a 4G / 5G connection, and signing in at different physical locations. I considered reporting the problem to Volvo, but I didn't think I'd get anywhere without reference to a specific error message. Then all of a sudden the app started working again, for no apparent reason, and has worked OK since. I'm still baffled as to (a) why the app stopped working; (b) why it started working again, and I'm still slightly wary every time I sign in.

I have an XC40 (2.0 T4 Momentum Pro), registered in July 2018, but I've only been using the On Call app since October 2020.