Price increases

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Version 8 of the MY21 brochure is out and there are some massive price increases :o

All models increased in price by £20. Options remain the same apart from metallic paint up by £10 and retractable towbar increases by £15!

I wonder how much it costs to print the brochures? :roll:
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

jamie307 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:35 am Version 8 of the MY21 brochure is out and there are some massive price increases :o

All models increased in price by £20. Options remain the same apart from metallic paint up by £10 and retractable towbar increases by £15!

I wonder how much it costs to print the brochures? :roll:
I would say that the word ‘massive’ is a bit ott 🙂.
Everything I suspect is subject to a price hike at the moment. The price of a new car increasing by £20 is negligible. The paint price increase is bearable too. COVID-19 has had a big effect on products and production.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Whoosh...

Post by Whoosh... »

I think my username says it all...😜
Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

I rather think the OP was being a tad sarcastic and was querying Volvo's wisdom in incurring all the admin/printing costs involved for such a trivial increase. That said, if it takes your chosen spec just over the £40k tax threshold it would be a bit less trivial.
Last edited by Boxybutgood on Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Is the £40k based on price on delivery or price on order? I've got done £650 wriggle room on my order.

Edit, so a total of £10 increase for me, paint is the only cost increase for the packages i've selected. Even the towing value pack has the same price (even though the towbar went up)
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Volvo will have what they class as their "base" currency. All prices are based on this. I would assume the Swedish Krona

As exchange rates fluctuate, Volvo will need to refresh their pricing periodically to account for this even if there have been no changes to the spec of the car or cost of production
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Felindre wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:08 pm Is the £40k based on price on delivery or price on order? I've got done £650 wriggle room on my order.

Edit, so a total of £10 increase for me, paint is the only cost increase for the packages i've selected. Even the towing value pack has the same price (even though the towbar went up)
List price, including options, I'm afraid.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
Mulson

Post by Mulson »

Any changes to the standard specs?
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Mulson wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:04 pm Any changes to the standard specs?
No changes at all other than the price changes I specified.

They wouldn't normally reissue a brochure for a 0.05% price increase, but perhaps it was a slow day at the office.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

RonFleet wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:46 pm
Felindre wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:08 pm Is the £40k based on price on delivery or price on order? I've got done £650 wriggle room on my order.

List price, including options, I'm afraid.
I know list price, but the price listed when placing the order or taking delivery? I'm guessing taking delivery which probably would be HMRC's preferred option, but makes it difficult when your conscientiously trying to stay below the limit, and it takes several months from order to delivery.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21