Speed Camera Alerts

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
agilefrog

Post by agilefrog »

Anyone know if it is possible to set an audible tone for speed camera alerts on the XC40? My old XC60 had an option to do this within the speedcamera POI settings, but the new XC40 seems to lack this, unless I am being stupid and have missed something? I'm not a boy racer by any stretch of the imagination, but the tone when approaching some of those "hidden" cameras was a useful reminder.
XC40 T3 Momentum Auto + Winterpack

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Mine bongs for speed cameras...must be in the settings somewhere that you haven't enabled them
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

The manual says:

Change setting for acoustic warning as follows:
1. Select Settings -> My Car -> IntelliSafe -> Road Sign Information in the centre display's top view.

2. Select/deselect Speed Camera Audio Warning to activate/switch off the audible speed camera warning.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
agilefrog

Post by agilefrog »

Bingo! Thanks @RonFleet - I didnt think to look under the Intellisafe settings.
XC40 T3 Momentum Auto + Winterpack
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

It struck me as odd.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
gt40

Post by gt40 »

Every time I take this car to France" (which has been never since March '20) I've had to relearn how to switch this off and on. The process still hasn't burned into my memory - it's a bit counterintuitive imho

*speed camera alerts are illegal there
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
Bob

Post by Bob »

gt40 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:22 am Every time I take this car to France" (which has been never since March '20) I've had to relearn how to switch this off and on. The process still hasn't burned into my memory - it's a bit counterintuitive imho

I thought that the providers/manufacturers of Sat Navs had stopped putting speed camera data for countries like France into their systems?
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Bob wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:30 am
gt40 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:22 am Every time I take this car to France" (which has been never since March '20) I've had to relearn how to switch this off and on. The process still hasn't burned into my memory - it's a bit counterintuitive imho

I thought that the providers/manufacturers of Sat Navs had stopped putting speed camera data for countries like France into their systems?
I believe they get around the ban on speed camera alerts by warning that the area you are about to drive through is dangerous so you should drive with caution, or something like that.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
gt40

Post by gt40 »

I didn't know that - is anyone aware of anywhere I can check this, especially with reference to Volvo's satnav? I'm aware of the arguments over identifying fixed camera vs mobile camera, and how one might be ok and the other not, but my French isn't up to arguing fine legal points with the French Police.

I guess I could not switch it off and check on a camera infested road the next time I visit, which may be some time!
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
Bob

Post by Bob »

gt40 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:12 am

I didn't know that - is anyone aware of anywhere I can check this, especially with reference to Volvo's satnav? I'm aware of the arguments over identifying fixed camera vs mobile camera, and how one might be ok and the other not, but my French isn't up to arguing fine legal points with the French Police.

I guess I could not switch it off and check on a camera infested road the next time I visit, which may be some time!
I read this somewhere, and I can't remember where, it may have been on a motorcycle forum. I have a BMW, Garmin manufactured, SatNav on my motorbike and it was my understanding that the speed camera data was not on it for countries such as France where use of such data had been banned. If I can confirm this, or remember where I read it, I'll let you know.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)