New car delivery inspection check

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
balrocha

Post by balrocha »

G'day folks! (Yes I live down under)

After quite a bit of wait, I am getting a metallic white T4 Inscription (everything but rear seat heating) is being delivered next week! Arriving at one of our ports on 11-12 Jan.

It's my first Volvo and first ever new car purchase so keen to get some sage advice off you folks: What in particular should I look at when inspecting on delivery? Anything specific for XC40?

I know looking into paint quality, all features check, assembly check (gaps whatnot), but unsure just how much I should look in and at what depth.. I read I could test drive as well.

Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Check the black trims around the windows. Mine were damaged when the protection tape was removed. All replaced now but according to the dealer they’ve seen the damage before.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
BurntScoop

Post by BurntScoop »

You're on the right track with paint quality and feature checks. Don't hesitate to take it for a test drive. That's the perfect time to check if everything feels right, from the handling to the brakes to the different features like cruise control.
Given that this thread is 2 years old, you've likely already been through this process, but for those reading this now, I'd suggest considering a professional vehicle transport service like A1Auto for anyone getting a car delivered. They offer a service where they will inspect the car for you at the point of origin, and they're super thorough, so you can rest easy knowing your new purchase is in good hands.
percymon

Post by percymon »

This is a cut down version of one i created a long time ago, the fuller version was too tedious to work through in the showroom / collection bay in the allotted time !

Car Collection List.jpg

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Pity this thread has been resurrected as there is a recent one running.

Albeit it has gone off at a tangent!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
LucyZuniga

Post by LucyZuniga »

If you have the VIN, you're off to a good start. Contact the manufacturer or dealership; they might help with production info. As for shipping, you can inquire with the shipping company or check online tracking if available. Keep in mind, car shipping cost can vary, so it's wise to get quotes and factor it into your plan. Best of luck tracking your vehicle!
Last edited by LucyZuniga on Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.