Which options / packs are a must?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Morse

Post by Morse »

I bought an inscription pro and still ended up adding add ons. After 2 years the things I would miss most are the 360 camera, I have park assist which is great but the 360 parking cameras would be fine really.
The nice to have is the glass sunroof but to be honest I often forget it’s there. In summer when you park up with glass exposed, the car will auto close the headlining screen to keep the car cool. I then find I get back in the car and drive sometimes for several days forgetting I have a glass sunroof. The auto tail lift with ‘kick’ open/close facility has rescued me on a couple of occasions. It’s a nice to have rather than a must have of course, but for the cost I’d spec it again.
I spec’d heated seats front and rear but not the heated steering wheel. It really used to annoy me in a previous car. I slightly regret that now as it occurs to me that Volvo may indeed have a better set up than in the Kia which got too hot and hadno gradient levels of heat available 🤔
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.

mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Morse wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:26 pm I slightly regret that now as it occurs to me that Volvo may indeed have a better set up than in the Kia which got too hot and hadno gradient levels of heat available 🤔
It seems to be the case. While I tend to switch off the seat heating in a bit, as it feels too worm to seat on it - I don't switch off the steering wheel. It feels warm in hands. Pleasant expirience in general.

I also find Android Auto a bit useless. Mainly due to how Volvo implemented it. I don't know how they expect it to be of much use with only half screen...

Wireless charger is quite oposit. Unless you have an IPhone that can't charge fast wirelessly, it is a must have in my opinion. You just drop you phone and it get charged. Wireless charger is powerful enough to charge the phone even with tethering enabled.
Ronnnie

Post by Ronnnie »

Hi
here is my two-penneth 😋
climate pack with heated steering wheel instead of heated screen, add the heated rear seats also, they were only £200 extra when I ordered my car, they keep the wife and kids happy, the wheel heating keeps me happy.
I have an Inscription so front and rear parking sensors are standard.
keep an eye on the costs, those tick-boxes soon add up 😄

Ronnnie
NellyD5

Post by NellyD5 »

Considered the pro as you get most what you re suggesting adding and it will be cheaper

I have the winter pack. Handy this weather
XC40 R Design Recharge. Glacier Silver. Climate pack. Protection pack
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

It so clearly is a personal preference. Hence why they are options.
Obviously some of you like heated seats/steering wheel which I see as a total waste of money and hardly ever used on my Tiguan. Equally I would pay not to have a sun roof as I hate the sun coming in and like the feeling of a solid roof. I had to have one as part of deal on my Tiguan and never opened the screen and still found it too bright!
However this is just my preference and I wouldn't try and persuade anyone from going for an option that suits their preference.
Does seem that we can all agree on service pack which is no brainer as it saves so much - can't we?
Bazza

Post by Bazza »

Watching my wife and son scrape the ice off their cars while having my morning coffee, knowing the screen, driving seat and steering wheel heaters are on.
Priceless!
R-Design T4AWD Auto Fusion Red
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

It is very personal so perhaps ones to avoid and why might be useful for some people.

I too deliberately avoided the sunroof, I hate sun shining in and reflecting off stuff, and sunroofs always have problems.

Power operated tailgate I avoided too - they always seem to take ages to open and close compared to closing by hand. Sometimes you just want to flip it open or slam it shut quickly rather than waiting an age.

Keyless entry - i'd far rather press a button on the key or use the app than fiddle about touching the door handles in a special place or having some uncertainty over whether it's going to be locked or unlocked depending on how close I'm standing.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

Bazza wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:16 pm Watching my wife and son scrape the ice off their cars while having my morning coffee, knowing the screen, driving seat and steering wheel heaters are on.
Priceless!
How true, simply a brilliant feature!!
PC40

Post by PC40 »

I’m fortunate in having a first edition. Options weren’t an issue as the car came with all of them included..
The one I’d miss most is definitely the 360 parking cameras, followed by the parking sensors.
I leave the heated seats and wheel on low and have them set to come on automatically in low temperatures. I find that level 1 is perfect and doesn’t get too warm for comfort.
BLIS is also extremely useful as is the cross traffic warning. The latter is extremely useful in supermarket car parks when people (both pedestrians and drivers) take no notice of reversing vehicles.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

Driver Assist is the only one I couldn't live without. It could likely prevent an accident and may just save my life. Don't mind paying for that.

Having clean headlights, and a warm a*** are nice, but not really in the same category!
MY2020 R-Design