Which options / packs are a must?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Salmonfisher wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:25 pm In the South of UK I can't see any need for climate pack but if I lived in north of Scotland I probably would. I just start a few minutes before heading off if iced up and soon warms up. Had climate pack as standard on my previous Tiguan and maybe used it twice in three years.
Hi,
I would probably disagree. Even with +5 outside - it wouldn't be comfortable without heated seats and steering wheel. You can of cource leave without it, like without lots of other stuff, but should you?

Not sure about the sunroof, but BLIS and Intelesafe, Adaptive Cruise, Pilot assists is really go for in my opinion.

I also have a convince pack. Going for groceries has never been so convinient! If I have to choose - I'll go for it again.

gt40

Post by gt40 »

mr.vladis wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:22 pm
Salmonfisher wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:25 pm I also have a convince pack. Going for groceries has never been so convinient! If I have to choose - I'll go for it again.
Does it make sure you buy broccoli, spinach etc. Good old Volvo, always looking after their owners.
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
Peter8642

Post by Peter8642 »

We had the surround camera on our first XC 40, and my wife loved it to the extent of insisting we absolutely must have it on that the second XC 40, but for the 2021 model year it was only available as part of the lounge pack. Accordingly we also ended up with a sunroof and upgraded stereo system that we would not otherwise have bothered with.

The sunroof I can take or leave, but the really pleasant surprise was the Harman Kardon sound system which is much much much better than the rather mediocre standard system.

Did I mention that the surround camera system is rather good if you are parking in a tight spot?
2021 XC40 Inscription T5 Recharge, Denim Blue + Blond.
Driver Assist, Lounge, Versatility, Towbar, Spare Wheel and Jack.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Interesting to see what people think are the musts - and no surprises from me as they are the same a most people that have replied.

Must Haves:
Service Plan - 5 Years for £599, my first minor service would have been around £270 on its own so this is a must if you are keeping the car for a while.
Adaptive Cruise Control is a must - makes motorway driving so much more relaxing especially when there are speed restrictions.
360 Camera - parking has never been so easy
HK sound system - takes a bit of adjusting to get it sounding how you like it but you get the options with the upgraded system
Climate pack - I may live in the south but it still gets cold down here :-)
Redesign pro - the pro upgraded lights are amazing for driving around corners and have helped me avoid a few pot holes (my local council has not money for road repairs. )

Like but not needed:
Glass roof / sunroof

What I don't really use
Apple Carplay / Android - OK for long journeys but I just don't use much.
Wireless charging for the phone - Just don't use it enough to justify.

I hope this helps
Last edited by DarrenF on Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Couldn't agree more about the service pack I should have put it number one.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Also I forgot to mention - remote start can be configured that it will also start the seat & steering wheel heating if the outside temp is below a set figure.

One thing to remember about remote start is to not use it if, like me, you keep the car in a garage and its a petrol/Diesel engine. I know this is a basic fact but just in case.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
drkash

Post by drkash »

Thanks for the feedback all, useful indeed
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I must be alone in going for Intellisafe Surround, which is everything except the adaptive cruise for a saving of £900. A part of driving I've always enjoyed is modifying my position in relation to other vehicles using my right foot, and I'd be bored to tears if I gave that up.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Qarx

Post by Qarx »

jamie307 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:22 am I must be alone in going for Intellisafe Surround, which is everything except the adaptive cruise for a saving of £900. A part of driving I've always enjoyed is modifying my position in relation to other vehicles using my right foot, and I'd be bored to tears if I gave that up.
I opted just for the Intellisafe Surround as well. I like to be in control of the car and for me, no matter how smart the cruise control is, I don't feel like I am controlling it and I tend to not pay attention. I much prefer having speed limiter, where I can just set speed and put my foot on the pedal. This way I am still on control in case something happens, but I do not need to constantly move my foot to adjust speed
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Qarx wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:57 am
jamie307 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:22 am I must be alone in going for Intellisafe Surround, which is everything except the adaptive cruise for a saving of £900. A part of driving I've always enjoyed is modifying my position in relation to other vehicles using my right foot, and I'd be bored to tears if I gave that up.
I opted just for the Intellisafe Surround as well. I like to be in control of the car and for me, no matter how smart the cruise control is, I don't feel like I am controlling it and I tend to not pay attention. I much prefer having speed limiter, where I can just set speed and put my foot on the pedal. This way I am still on control in case something happens, but I do not need to constantly move my foot to adjust speed
Yes I use the limiter a lot too. I find adaptive cruise more stressful because it requires a greater level of concentration to monitor it properly and be ready to intervene than is required when you're already in full control.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel