PHEV Charging Flap Open Warning Message?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
RealGoneKid

Post by RealGoneKid »

Hi

An admission and a question. Too many times I’ve caught myself not closing the charging flap after recharging. Finally I’ve been caught and scratched the edge when entering the garage.

Just thought I would check that I’m not missing out on maybe not having an audible or visual in car warning or alert that the charging flap is open. Having driven a 330e previously that (ashamed to admit) did warn me I must say I’m surprised with all the other safety features on this car that there isn’t something similar that bongs to tell us.

If anyone has encountered a charge flap open warning it would be useful to know. Looking at the i manual the only alert seems to be if you leave the cable in too, and I haven’t been that stupid, yet!

Might feed it back to Volvo if not. Maybe it’s something that can be programmed.

Cheers,
T5 Recharge PHEV MY21, R Design Pro, Glacier Silver, Lounge & Climate packs. New purchase from dealer stock Oct 20. Ceramic Coated after purchase.

Peter Perfect

Post by Peter Perfect »

Yes, that would be really good.

That and a constant warning "Please don't buy another Volvo" would be useful.
Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

My 100% petrol T4 in common with every other car I've ever owned has no warning to tell me if I leave the fuel filler cover open when I drive off the forecourt. It's almost as though manufacturers expect drivers to exercise common sense and personal responsibility. Disgracefull!!
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.
helsinkipolarbear

Post by helsinkipolarbear »

I've left it open a couple of times after driving off. One time my cousin stopped me down the road and closed it for me - the other times I've been lucky that I've not driven anywhere narrow... Agreed that it would be good if there were a sensor for this.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Boxybutgood wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:59 pm My 100% petrol T4 in common with every other car I've ever owned has no warning to tell me if I leave the fuel filler cover open when I drive off the forecourt. It's almost as though manufacturers expect drivers to exercise common sense and personal responsibility. Disgracefull!!
Well yes, but, the petrol flap is at the rear and would be visible in the door mirrors. The electric flap being forward of the mirrors and the wrong side is more easily overlooked. I guess it's unplug the lead both ends, both hands full, walk to boot to stow it, then forget to circle back to check the flap.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
morganj

Post by morganj »

I guess it is a lot easier for us LHD people, its right next to you when you get in to drive :)
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist