R Design

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

ciuncky wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:01 pm I got PZeros, and those are run-flats. As you could imagine, all the wire in a run-flat makes it ... even harsher.
Are you absolutely sure - the P Zero is available in both standard and runflat versions. I would be very surprised if Volvo shipped any of their vehicles with runflats because the suspension isn't designed for them.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel

ropetko

Post by ropetko »

I got a 2018 D4 AWD R-Design with 190 hp a month ago from a Volvo Selekt dealer. I test drove it with 20” and it was harsh, which I like. However, I decided to go for a set of 19” Pirelli Scorpion winter tyres and rims and those 19” feels great on a R-Design suspension! I don’t think I’ll go back to 20”, plus those 19” looks more like 20” than like 18”. 18” doesn’t look that good on R-Design, they are more for true off-road experience, therefore for Momentum (Pro).
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Re the P Zeros. My R Design D4 has them and mine are definitely not run flats. I can confirm as I had a puncture and it went flat as a pancake!
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

I stand corrected then. i was researching prices for a quick replacement in case i get a puncture and that's when i saw those were run flats, incidentally there was no stock of normal ones so i assumed all P Zeros are run flats. Still haven't checked mine but i doubt they are now
Kenneeeh

Post by Kenneeeh »

Hi, can anyone tell me if heated front seats come standard on the basic uk spec R design? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Kenneeeh wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:40 pm Hi, can anyone tell me if heated front seats come standard on the basic uk spec R design? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

No

You need to add the climate pack.

They are currently standard on the RD Pro not the basic one.

The info is on Volvo's website
https://assets.volvocars.com/uk/~/media ... f?la=en-gb
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019