Adblue dosing error

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

Just had an error message come up saying Adblue Dosing. Service Required. No Restart in 490 miles.
A restart didn’t clear it but there’s nothing logged under VOC.
I’ve got a full tank of Adblue.

Interesting point was that I’ve done less than a 1000 miles since the last service and had to fill up the Adblue less than a hundred miles after that. I’d checked the level a short time before the service and I’m sure it was only showing half empty.

Have the car booked in for next week so will be interesting to see what they find.

Anyone else had this?

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Sounds like a leak of adblue somewhere...or I've heard other cars have problems if they are overfilled
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

Update: Booked into the dealers at 08:00 and was told they'd fix it whilst I wait.
4 hours later..... and they don't know what the problem is.
It seems that all diagnostics pass but the error message is still there.
Due to the fact that the car says it's not going to start in 400 miles they have said they don't want to release it so it's being kept in whilst they discuss with Volvo.

During the initial discussions, I was told they'd let me have a car so I could get home. But then it quickly changed to "sorry we don't have a car, you'll have to catch a taxi."

Have to say I was a bit pi**ed off with their attitude. I guess legally they're not obligated to help and they did offer to pay £10 of the £30 taxi fare but I'm not impressed.

Especially after the manager who offered the £10 was nowhere to be seen after that conversation. Managed to get a lift home from my Son so all's well I guess.

Maybe I'm just being the miserable git I'm always told I've become.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I'd have been tempted to call volvo assist and say you're stranded and the agent is unable to solve the problem with the car. See if they can fix it lol

A good dealership will always find a car...even if it means renting one for you.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

I did try VOC initially but made the mistake of saying there was no loss of power.
They told me go to the dealer.
I’ll start escalating this if I don’t get the car back for Monday.
DB73

Post by DB73 »

I’ve got exactly them same warning and oddly enough it appeared on the same weekend. I’m wondering if Volvo did an update to the software recently that’s effected it. Dashboard warning says the car will not start in 250miles but on the engine status page the adblue level is full at 14 litres. Booked in with service centre for Wednesday but would be good to know if yours gets resolved in the meantime.
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

Will do.
Out of interest is yours a D3 or 4? (mines a D3).
Shouldn’t make any difference I know but you never know
DB73

Post by DB73 »

Thanks NitramA. D4 September 20 Reg.
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

Just had a call from the dealers.
They said it was an injector sensor.
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

To clarify it was the adblue injector sensor