Service package

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Sam Squid wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:03 am
ACertainAge wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:50 am
Sam Squid wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:32 pm The Volvo service is great, whether or not you buy a plan.

As I understand it they sometimes even change the oil. Well worth the money.
I still miss the dipstick to confirm it has been done. Just seeing x litres of 0-20w Mobil on the invoice doesn't butter any parsnips for me!
If you have a service plan you don't even get the benefit of an invoice.
I do have one, and still get an itemised invoice, and the health check list. I use Donalds of Ipswich and have excellent service.

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Sam Squid wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:32 pm The Volvo service is great, whether or not you buy a plan.

I still miss the dipstick to confirm it has been done. Just seeing x litres of 0-20w Mobil on the invoice doesn't butter any parsnips for me!
You can request an invoice. I had mine emailed to me. They send the invoice straight to the plan administrators but there’s no issue asking for it.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Deleted User 3129

Post by Deleted User 3129 »

Not standard practice then?
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

I used the five year service plan for my previous car and I've taken out another for my XC40. It does seem to be excellent value at £599 for five services but , be warned, if you are likely to sell the car within that timespan you will not get a refund because the plan will "remain with the car for subsequent pwners to use".
EmJay

Post by EmJay »

I have a 5 year service plan. After the car's first service last week I had both an emailed invoice (with a request to pay £0.00!), a full breakdown of what they checked together with a detailed description of tyre tread depth and a video report.
XC40 Momentum B4P (MY2021) Denim Blue, FWD, Automatic
cambb

Post by cambb »

Just been quoted £850 for 3 year plan. Mine needs its first service now so its £258 upfront and then £29 x 20 months.
Spaceryder

Post by Spaceryder »

this is very useful.

My XC40 is now three years old and my local dealer offered a 3yr service plan which would include 3 services and three MOTs for £1199. The recent MOT was £45 so subtracting three MOTs would make the service plan £1064 which seems more than any other quotes I can see here. I know it'll include Volvo Assistance, but surely they all do?

Anyone here been offered a similar plan or have any suggestions? Unfortunately, its my nearest dealer but I think I'm getting ripped off.

thanks
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
The service plans for new cars is now £599 for 3 years and £999 for 5 years , when I collected my T3 in March it was £399 which I purchased, I was expecting to keep the car but with the crazy things going on with car supply I have traded it in for a New B4 that I am hoping to pick up in late November.
The first I knew about the plan staying with the car was shortly after I had purchased the B4, I had previously had Tiguans and an Ateca that I was able to get partial refunds.
Anyway I believe the service plan is a no brainier and after some moaning from me , a few emails to Volvo uk they agreed to give me £200 towards a new plan for the B4 bit of a result and better than nothing.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Spaceryder

Post by Spaceryder »

Hi

My issue is that my car was a 2 month old ex-demo so I couldn't qualify for a new car service plan. Now my car is 3 years old and the service plan being offered is £1199 for 3 yrs including 3 MOTs. ( I would definitely pay £599 for a 3 yr plan if available )

Anyone in a similar position to me, that is, not in an original service plan, and what sort of quotes are you getting?
Rockford

Post by Rockford »

I enquired about one today for my 6 month old T5 PHEV to cover the first three services, a brake fluid change and its first MOT and it came to £1050 or thereabouts vs. a 'pay as you go' price of £1350.
So not a million miles off yours when you add in the two extra MOTs.
MY21 T5 Recharge R-Design Pro in Thunder Grey