Badge question

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bazza

Post by Bazza »

Hi, hope someone can help.
Ive had to have some paint damage repaired on the boot lower lid and i think there's something missing?
On the right hand side there is the T4 but thats it! I'm sure i had a R Design and AWD badge as well.
The car was registered feb 2020 and has the R Design logo on the rear quarter pillars.
Ive seen a 19 reg with the badges and a 20 reg with both missing, both R Design!
Ive phoned the repair shop and they are looking into it but neither of us has photos.
I know the badging was changed but when.?
R-Design T4AWD Auto Fusion Red

DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

My R-Design was registered in September (70-reg), and it has all the badges. I was fairly sure it's only model year 2021 that deleted the R-Design and AWD badges so I'm surprised to hear you've seen 20-reg without.

If you want to do more research, go to https://selekt.volvocars.co.uk/en/vehicle-search and pull up a bunch of R-Designs and look at the photo's.

Do you think the repair shop failed to put your badges back afterdong the repair?
MY2020 R-Design
Bazza

Post by Bazza »

DanishPastry wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:55 pm My R-Design was registered in September (70-reg), and it has all the badges. I was fairly sure it's only model year 2021 that deleted the R-Design and AWD badges so I'm surprised to hear you've seen 20-reg without.

If you want to do more research, go to https://selekt.volvocars.co.uk/en/vehicle-search and pull up a bunch of R-Designs and look at the photo's.

Do you think the repair shop failed to put your badges back afterdong the repair?
Ive been looking in Autotrader and nothing seems age related. Shop ordered a badge set which was XC40, Volvo and T4, which it seems is whats on now. Im not 100% sure i had them on before but it seems something is missing. They took photos but not of the right hand side. Rest of family all say the 2 extra badges were there.
Might get in touch with Volvo direct but still waiting for shop to get back to me.
R-Design T4AWD Auto Fusion Red
Lammy Natefloor

Post by Lammy Natefloor »

I have a T4 RDesign AWD model, registered in September 2019, so probably the same model year as yours.

It had a XC40 badge, made up of separate characters on the left-hand side, looking at the back. And on the right-hand side it had T4 characters and square RDesign and AWD badges.

I say 'had' as I have recently de-badged my car, removing everything off the back except the central V O L V O lettering. It makes for a much cleaner look, and easier cleaning.

If I were you I'd remove the XC40 and T4 lettering and join the cool kids 😀.
Perky

Post by Perky »

Debadge the rest and leave VOLVO. Less clutter, more sleek and easier to clean too.
T4 AWD Oct 2019
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

Dropping my XC40 to Jewel Chowdhury https://www.jewelspassion.co.uk/ on Wednesday to polish off the car-wash scratches and then ceramic-coat it. Have asked him to de-badge as this is the logical time to do that.

I wasn't planning to have XC40 removed, only the stuff to the right. But have now seen the light. Think it was Perky who started this trend. Everything off!
MY2020 R-Design
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

My R-Design was registered October ( 70 ) reg, and has no R-Design badge, All it has is D4, AWD.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.
Johnkavanagh

Post by Johnkavanagh »

DanishPastry wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:14 am I wasn't planning to have XC40 removed, only the stuff to the right. But have now seen the light. Think it was Perky who started this trend. Everything off!
I’d love to see a photo of this if you have one? Were having to do a little unexpected work on our XC40 rear end (ha!), so would make sense to pop the badges off at the same time!
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Johnkavanagh wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:08 pm
DanishPastry wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:14 am I wasn't planning to have XC40 removed, only the stuff to the right. But have now seen the light. Think it was Perky who started this trend. Everything off!
I’d love to see a photo of this if you have one? Were having to do a little unexpected work on our XC40 rear end (ha!), so would make sense to pop the badges off at the same time!
Here you go. I can also send you pictures with other car color, just let me know what’s yours.

E027C0C4-4485-4996-AE1A-87717589341A.jpeg

933D681E-DDA8-4D84-AA7A-45AF8D161F4D.jpeg

Johnkavanagh

Post by Johnkavanagh »

eugen61 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:57 am
Johnkavanagh wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:08 pm
Here you go. I can also send you pictures with other car color, just let me know what’s yours.

E027C0C4-4485-4996-AE1A-87717589341A.jpeg
Thank you, that’s brill!

I’d love to see black? Ours in Onyx Black but I imagine any black would do!