Navigation completely useless.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
TurboNeil

Post by TurboNeil »

Hi, I've had my 2021 R design for just over a month have have received a few map updates (3?) however the navigation hasn't worked properly since day one. I took it to the dealership after 2 weeks and they said that they did an update and sent me on my way. When I have the navigation up it will show the correct position but after a kilometer or so it seems to think i'm much farther up the road than I am. Within a couple of minutes (or less) it's just totally lost. It will eventually find itself only to get lost again a few minutes later. It's really a total joke.

I honestly prefer to use Google maps but I feel like after spending all this money on a car the navigation should work if I wanted to use it.

Has anyone else had issues with theirs?

(BTW, I'm located in Mexico.)

Cheers,
Neil.
2021 R Design T5 in Fusion Red.

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Go back to your dealer. The mapping system is very good.

No issues with mine whatsoever

Hope you get yours fixed
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

No problems here. If you switch map orientation the arrow can sometimes get lost but a click on the target symbol recentres it.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

No problems with mine. Talk to the dealer again.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

No problems with mine either. Sounds as though it could be losing the signal intermittently so definitely a job for the dealer.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
TurboNeil

Post by TurboNeil »

Thanks all for your replies.
2021 R Design T5 in Fusion Red.