auto hold and stop/start (again?)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
dnyoung607

Post by dnyoung607 »

Thanks for the information. When I start driving more (post covid) it will be interesting to see if start/stop works again.

ropetko

Post by ropetko »

Here's a quick update regarding my Start/Stop wouldn't work. Last week I've visited the Volvo dealer whom I purchased my used D4 AWD two months ago and they replaced the battery (2,5 years old) with a new one with no costs. Start/Stop works perfectly, so it was a problem with low battery.
Now I wonder is it to be expected that a battery on D4 AWD lasts less than three years?
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
Bob

Post by Bob »

My stop/start hasn't worked for most of the year. I put it down to the battery charge falling due to not many miles being clocked up because of lockdown/COVID. On the few occasions I have managed to get a longer run it has started working again.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
xbimmer

Post by xbimmer »

Which battery did they replace Ropetko? Was it the main one or the small stop/start assist battery? And does your stop start work if auto hold is selected?
D4 R-design in black.
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

xbimmer wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:36 am Which battery did they replace Ropetko? Was it the main one or the small stop/start assist battery? And does your stop start work if auto hold is selected?
As far as I understood, they replaced the main battery, not the assist one. It was under warranty so I didn't get the bill (yet). Initially the service told me it's the main battery issue, because Start/Stop is one of the first systems that shuts down when the main battery reach the certain level. The next thing I noticed is that I couldn't electronically fold the back seat (I could at first), so that was probably some of the systems that also shuts down.
Couldn't get the Parking Climate to work either, but thankfully all those systems work fine now, after the main battery has been replaced.
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

I don't like or use either of these. D3R