Individual Mode

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Cagz

Post by Cagz »

Hi all,

For Individual Mode, the manual for MY21 reads: Select one of the drive modes as a basis and adjust the settings to achieve your preferred driving characteristics. These settings will be stored in the active driver profile and will be available every time the vehicle is unlocked with that remote key.

What does this mean ? I was hoping to have the car start at Individual Mode when I unlock with the same key, but seems like it goes back to Comfort. How good is having an individual mode if I will have to switch to it every time I drive ? Am I missing something obvious ?

Thanks !
T3 R-Design MY21 (without paddles :cry:)

MarminUK

Post by MarminUK »

Unfortunately I dont think there is a way to get the car to start in anything other than "Comfort" mode.
You can set up Individual mode in the settings, but all it does is make that mode available to select without changing all the individual settings everytime you start.
Slow Jive

Post by Slow Jive »

If you read the self same manual you will read that the car always starts in Comfort mode.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Cagz wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:09 am Hi all,

For Individual Mode, the manual for MY21 reads: Select one of the drive modes as a basis and adjust the settings to achieve your preferred driving characteristics. These settings will be stored in the active driver profile and will be available every time the vehicle is unlocked with that remote key.

What does this mean ? I was hoping to have the car start at Individual Mode when I unlock with the same key, but seems like it goes back to Comfort. How good is having an individual mode if I will have to switch to it every time I drive ? Am I missing something obvious ?

Thanks !
Hey
The car will always start in comfort mode. This is the mode on which the real world driving emissions are based. Individual mode just allows you to turn on or off functions and just have an easier path to your desired settings.
So, if you start the car and select dynamic, the stop/start is disabled by default (which may be desirable) but you have the situation of quicker throttle response and the auto gearbox hangs on to the gears for longer (which you may not want). Individual mode allows you to start the car and have the car behave like it’s in comfort (normal throttle response and normal gear changes) but have stop/start disabled which would have been enabled in comfort
Yes, I know, clear as mud....
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.