Map Update - Version 1320

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Valid Torte
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:20 pm

Re: Map Update - Version 1320

Post by Valid Torte » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:31 pm

Certain maps can only be updated via a USB stick, due to their large size. However I only have the UK map installed and that's fine over the airwaves.


I've tried both methods.

Update via USB stick sequence, not all points documented:

Start PC
Put in USB stick
Browse to Volvo website
Download map file
Save to USB stick
Remove USB stick
Put USB stick into car socket
Install

Update via car's SIM, sequence, pretty much everything is listed 😀:

Ensure box is checked in Auto-update of default home map. Need to do this once on car purchase.
Do nothing again, map will update when required.

ropetko
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:28 pm
Location: Croatia
Contact:

Re: Map Update - Version 1320

Post by ropetko » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:40 pm

Anyone noticed there are already maps 1326 available as of today? 😀
Those European roads are changing week after week...
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018

goi
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:49 pm

Re: Map Update - Version 1320

Post by goi » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:22 pm

ropetko wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:40 pm
Anyone noticed there are already maps 1326 available as of today? 😀
Those European roads are changing week after week...
Some things don't need that much time like the new german airport BER...
XC40 Recharge Inscription (Pro) T5 (132+60 kW), MY21
Inscription (Pro) / Denim Blue / Leather Charcoal
Lounge / Versatility / Driver Assist + Pilot / Lighing / Power Seats / Climate
Tinted Windows / Heated Screen & Rear Seats / Wireless / Alarm

ropetko
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:28 pm
Location: Croatia
Contact:

Re: Map Update - Version 1320

Post by ropetko » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:23 pm

It's been a month and no Sensus map update yet. Ah, those December days... 😜
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018

ropetko
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:28 pm
Location: Croatia
Contact:

Re: Map Update - Version 1320

Post by ropetko » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:06 pm

ropetko wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:23 pm
It's been a month and no Sensus map update yet. Ah, those December days... 😜
Ladies and gents, we have a new Map Update - Version 1330, as of today!
Perhaps I should have send the previous message sooner? :D
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018

WelshRobin
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:55 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Map Update - Version 1320

Post by WelshRobin » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:27 pm

Here in the UK, clicking the link in ropetko’s post takes me to V1326, issued in December, for the whole of Europe.

ropetko
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:28 pm
Location: Croatia
Contact:

Re: Map Update - Version 1320

Post by ropetko » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:51 pm

WelshRobin wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:27 pm
Here in the UK, clicking the link in ropetko’s post takes me to V1326, issued in December, for the whole of Europe.
Yap, today it leads to V1326 but yesterday there was a v1330 available. Imagine my surprise when I downloaded it all to an USB, put that stick into my car and received the message "Map data already available" :( Looks like "Sensus_Update_SPA_Europe.exe" didn't get the memo yet :D
Too bad I didn't take the screenshot, but there was definitely a 1330 version with 21/01/2021 as a publishing date on that link yesterday. Could be a test, a draft or some kind of bug.
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018

m@rk
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:06 pm

Re: Map Update - Version 1320

Post by m@rk » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:28 pm

ropetko wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:51 pm
WelshRobin wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:27 pm
Here in the UK, clicking the link in ropetko’s post takes me to V1326, issued in December, for the whole of Europe.
Yap, today it leads to V1326 but yesterday there was a v1330 available. Imagine my surprise when I downloaded it all to an USB, put that stick into my car and received the message "Map data already available" :( Looks like "Sensus_Update_SPA_Europe.exe" didn't get the memo yet :D
Too bad I didn't take the screenshot, but there was definitely a 1330 version with 21/01/2021 as a publishing date on that link yesterday. Could be a test, a draft or some kind of bug.
YES

I saw 1330 yesterday so it's not just you.
XC40 T5 Recharge - Denim & Blonde

Image

ropetko
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:28 pm
Location: Croatia
Contact:

Re: Map Update - Version 1320

Post by ropetko » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:51 pm

m@rk wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:28 pm
ropetko wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:51 pm
WelshRobin wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:27 pm
Here in the UK, clicking the link in ropetko’s post takes me to V1326, issued in December, for the whole of Europe.
Yap, today it leads to V1326 but yesterday there was a v1330 available. Imagine my surprise when I downloaded it all to an USB, put that stick into my car and received the message "Map data already available" :( Looks like "Sensus_Update_SPA_Europe.exe" didn't get the memo yet :D
Too bad I didn't take the screenshot, but there was definitely a 1330 version with 21/01/2021 as a publishing date on that link yesterday. Could be a test, a draft or some kind of bug.
YES

I saw 1330 yesterday so it's not just you.
Thanks Mark!! I almost thought it was the wine talking, not me :D
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018

ropetko
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:28 pm
Location: Croatia
Contact:

Re: Map Update - Version 1320

Post by ropetko » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:56 pm

Guys, in case you missed it, there is a 1333 Europe map version update available at https://www.volvocars.com/hr/support/do ... spa/europe
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018

Post Reply