Map Update - Version 1320

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

In case you haven't spotted it, there has been a map update for North West Europe. The latest version is 1320. I only spotted it today as I haven't been out in the car for three weeks, having knackered my back. I have no idea what has changed in the update - I was just checking to see that I am comfortable sitting in the car and that I have good mobility to control it. Going for a short test drive tomorrow.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue

Deleted User 3100

Post by Deleted User 3100 »

My update downloaded and installed today on our fortnightly journey to the supermarket.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I went and sat in the car today to check how much data I'd used...and spotted the update. Quickly downloaded
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

I checked the status of my map updates this afternoon and the centre display shows an image of the North West Europe map with Version 1320 noted as its title. I have not noticed this recent version being downloaded although I have the 'auto update' ticked. Does this information mean that it has already installed? (The car is connected to the internet but the photo of the screen has missed the globe, beyond the left edge). I think I probably installed the previous update from a memory stick, where the process is more obvious to follow.

20201128_ Centre display.jpg

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

If the install button doesn't do anything then it must have installed itself recently as you'd asked it to. It doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to download with a good data connection. Mine was on manual so I downloaded it but have now put it on auto like you.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Thanks Blastpipe. I thought this would be the case. At a previous web-based update I found that if you miss the initial announcement at the top of the screen, the ‘twirly thing’ at the top right of the screen (does it have a name?) is barely noticeable while downloading is running. As others have commented, the changes are understandably marginal so they are difficult to spot. I shall be interested to see if a couple of irritating errors on the locations where speed limits change have been corrected.
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Looks like I was right to doubt whether I had missed this map download - it is doing it now so the version shown in my earlier post was not the installed version, but the one due to be installed. All very confusing.
Mickr

Post by Mickr »

1323 map update is out now.
FE/T5/Bursting Blue
Crusty

Post by Crusty »

WelshRobin wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:47 pm Looks like I was right to doubt whether I had missed this map download - it is doing it now so the version shown in my earlier post was not the installed version, but the one due to be installed. All very confusing.
Not so. The latest update (1323) only came out yesterday.
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Still rather puzzling. I've just installed V1323 (which took longer than usual to download - 50 minutes or so) but it's odd that this version has arrived only a couple of weeks since V1320 was released. Maybe there were errors that needed patching. I doubt whether road layouts or speed cameras have changed much in 14 days!