Map Update - Version 1320

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Doubt you've driven enough for the update to be fully applied yet
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019

Leehunt1964

Post by Leehunt1964 »

I've also got an issue with map update 1320, the update was downloaded and then installed, it said all I had to do to complete the install was to switch my car off, which I did this was 2 days ago.

Today its was installing the update again, it got up to 87% but I came to the end of my journey before it could complete the install, I went out again in the car and the install had gone back to 46% ??? previous updates restarted where they had left off, will see what happens when I use the car next.
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Leehunt1964 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:04 pm I've also got an issue with map update 1320, the update was downloaded and then installed, it said all I had to do to complete the install was to switch my car off, which I did this was 2 days ago.

Today its was installing the update again, it got up to 87% but I came to the end of my journey before it could complete the install, I went out again in the car and the install had gone back to 46% ??? previous updates restarted where they had left off, will see what happens when I use the car next.
Was it installing 1320 before? 1323 was released a few days ago, so it might have finished installing 1320 and then started installing 1323.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
Leehunt1964

Post by Leehunt1964 »

Hi Ron, no it was installing 1320, it's at the point now where it has completed install and asked me to switch the car off, lets see what happens when I use it next.
Leehunt1964

Post by Leehunt1964 »

All done, version 1323 has been installed.
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

So many questions here...

I downloaded the 1323 NW Europe map update to a USB stick and inserted into car. Update auto-started immediately.

Did a 15 minute journey... progress wheel still turning
Did a return 15 minute journey... progress wheel still turning
Did a 25 minute journey... progress wheel still turning
Did another 25 minute journey... progress wheel completes just as I get home.

Now switch the car off to complete the update. Next day, it had completed. At no time did I see a percentage progress bar.

So approx 75 minutes to ingest the 2 GB of NW Europe (unless it was aborting and restarting each time I stopped, which the manual says is NOT how it works).

What if I was loading the full 45 GB of all-Europe.

I did use an old USB-2 memory stick; did that slow things down? My car manual says the USB-A port is USB2 spec but the USB-C port is USB 3.1 spec. Really?
But that depends on which version of which manual, and if you have the wireless charging and extra USB socket.

Realistically, I'm never, ever going to need anything except the UK map. Can I delete the rest or Europe to save space, and save pointless updates?
MY2020 R-Design
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

It is much quicker to use the P-sim than a usb stick. The updates don't use much data.

Just set the NW Europe map as your home map (or some similar setting) and it will only update that one each time.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

DanishPastry wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:12 pm Now switch the car off to complete the update. Next day, it had completed. At no time did I see a percentage progress bar.
If you go back into the download centre and click on updates and then the map update you get a percentage figure.

I was sat waiting in the car while my wife was shopping - in total mine took 60-80 minutes from start to finish.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Hanna Falactik

Post by Hanna Falactik »

I've tried both Internet and USB methods.

USB is a big file and takes ages.

Internet is a lot smaller file and takes just a small time.

I live in the UK and just have the UK file installed.

I have auto update over Internet and am not troubled or inconvenienced in the slightest, it just works.
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

DanishPastry wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:12 pm So many questions here...

I downloaded the 1323 NW Europe map update to a USB stick and inserted into car. Update auto-started immediately.

Did a 15 minute journey... progress wheel still turning
Did a return 15 minute journey... progress wheel still turning
Did a 25 minute journey... progress wheel still turning
Did another 25 minute journey... progress wheel completes just as I get home.

Now switch the car off to complete the update. Next day, it had completed. At no time did I see a percentage progress bar.

So approx 75 minutes to ingest the 2 GB of NW Europe (unless it was aborting and restarting each time I stopped, which the manual says is NOT how it works).

What if I was loading the full 45 GB of all-Europe.

I did use an old USB-2 memory stick; did that slow things down? My car manual says the USB-A port is USB2 spec but the USB-C port is USB 3.1 spec. Really?
But that depends on which version of which manual, and if you have the wireless charging and extra USB socket.

Realistically, I'm never, ever going to need anything except the UK map. Can I delete the rest or Europe to save space, and save pointless updates?
My manual also says there is a USB 2.0 port in front and USB-C 3.1 port in the back, but I installed a whole Europe map on a fast USB 3.0 64 GB stick, put it in the front USB port, took a half an hour drive and all the European maps were on my Sensus. Looks like those front USB ports are capable of dealing with 3.0 interface. Or it is the USB 3.0 interface that's actually downgrading? Don't know but it was more convenient for me to do the update this way than via internal car modem.
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018