Map Update - Version 1320

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 3129

Post by Deleted User 3129 »

What the hell happened to versions 3221 and 3222. I won't be able to sleep...

ropetko

Post by ropetko »

Did anyone successfully updated any of 1323 maps? I just got the auto-update message yesterday, the map downloaded (I have the data SIM installed) but the update failed. There were no updates today, the current map version is 1320 but looks like the car couldn't connect to the update service.

I usually listen to Spotify a lot. Is it OK to listen to it while there's a map udate available? Can updates be downloaded while using other internet services? I don't see why they shouldn't, but who knows. The whole Sensus system is pretty slow anyway :(
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

I am at v1320 and there is no indication of any newer updates in the download centre. I suspect a mistake by Volvo and any rogue versions have been withdrawn.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Deleted User 3129

Post by Deleted User 3129 »

Skyrimmer wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:54 pm I am at v1320 and there is no indication of any newer updates in the download centre. I suspect a mistake by Volvo and any rogue versions have been withdrawn.

Just on the Volvo website then...

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/do ... est-europe
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Grass wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:08 pm
Skyrimmer wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:54 pm I am at v1320 and there is no indication of any newer updates in the download centre. I suspect a mistake by Volvo and any rogue versions have been withdrawn.

Just on the Volvo website then...

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/do ... est-europe
Interesting wonder what's going on then. I don't use a USB stick for downloads, its quicker to let the car handle it by wifi. Maybe something that just affects wifi downloads but really I don't have a clue.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Yep, it is 0nly 192 mb over wifi.
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Yes, my car updated to v 1323 over the air without any problems.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

I downloaded a full Europe map on a USB stick this weekend and it took a half an hour drive to complete the installation. This morning I just got the message saying something like "Europe 1323 installed" and everything works fine. All the maps are here, all of them with version 1323 and disabled "Install" buttons, although my XC40 (with on board modem) couldn't connect to update service.
Not being able to connect to the update service seems like a common thing when there's a new map available, isn't it?
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Ive just been out for twenty minutes, and the map update downloaded ok..
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

My display seems to be stuck with the small rotating reticle in the top right corner. I saw there was a map update a while ago, but i wasn't sure if it completed. What's more, i'm not sure if the car went into standby before or after the update.

However, now it doesn't show any updates available, the Install arrow is greyed out, and the reticle keeps spinning and saying Installing Update.
Anyone else with this issue?