Driving Modes

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
MarminUK

Post by MarminUK »

Hi All,

I have a T3 RD Pro, manual.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the different driving modes effect such things as when the turbo kicks in (at what revs) and if there is different boost etc. I know it quickens the throttle response, but wondered if it changed the driving characteristics.

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Littletaffia

Post by Littletaffia »

Just leave it in normal. Sport will let the engine hang on to it's revs for a little longer and their is a sharpening of the steering. Why it's on there I have no idea as a sporty drive it is not. I've had ACC on a VW Scirocco and Golf GTD and it did make a difference on those cars especially on the twisty Welsh mountain roads and made them much more fun to drive.
B4 Inscription Pro Auto. Pebble Grey.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

I tied this the other day. Going along a long strip of road at a steady speed in comfort. Without increasing the gas pedal, I selected Dynamic. The gearbox immediately changed down. I then stuck it back into comfort and it changed back up. I would imagine that the brakes are sharper, throttle is sharper and as said, the car holds on the gear for longer. If individual mode is set up, the brakes can be modified among other things but the turbo boost stays the same.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
MarminUK

Post by MarminUK »

Yeah, I kinda thought that would be the case. The reason I asked is that I have had a couple of instances in "Eco" mode where I entered a motorway and floored the accelerator to match the speed of the traffic and the turbo stuttered for a good couple of seconds!!! This is a manual BTW so is nothing to do with gears.