Real problems with very base of front seats backrests - Update

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
JMR

Post by JMR »

UPDATED. Bought R-Design 3 weeks ago, with heated seats. Lovely car, BUT strange hard bit at very base of backrest on both front seats. (Not anything to do with the lumbar support). Took the car back to dealer as this hard area on both front seats is now causing back pain.
Dealer got the head of service to look, who advised the hard area was connectors for the heated seats, sitting proud on top of the foam seat padding. He said that the connectors would be pushed back an imbed into the foam over use and the problem would therefore go. He was quite certain this problem would "sort itself" over time.

Have now agreed for the car to go into the workshop immediately after we all come out of lockdown in England. They will reposition the (3) hard connectors at the foot of the backrest, and see if that solves the problem. I hope it works, as at the moment, my wife can not use the car (driver or passenger seat).

Has anyone else run into this problem or got any advice please?
R-Design T3 Auto FWD + Climate, Versatility, Power Seats & Park Assist. October 2020.

mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Hi,
Where exactly on the seat you do feel them?
If you can make a photo and point the location - I can check it on mine.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

mr.vladis wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:18 pm Hi,
Where exactly on the seat you do feel them?
If you can make a photo and point the location - I can check it on mine.
Well if you can’t feel them and they don’t effect you is there any point. No point looking for problems surely
Last edited by Chris John on Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Just checked mine, everything is ok. Hope you get it sorted.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.