Problem at base of front seats

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
JMR

Post by JMR »

UPDATED. Bought R-Design 3 weeks ago, with heated seats. Lovely car, BUT strange hard bit at very base of backrest on both front seats. (Not anything to do with the lumbar support). Took the car back to dealer as this hard area on both front seats is now causing back pain.
Dealer got the head of service to look, who advised the hard area was connectors for the heated seats, sitting proud on top of the foam seat padding. He said that the connectors would be pushed back an imbed into the foam over use and the problem would therefore go. He was quite certain this problem would "sort itself" over time.

Have now agreed for the car to go into the workshop immediately after we all come out of lockdown in England. They will reposition the (3) hard connectors at the foot of the backrest, and see if that solves the problem. I hope it works, as at the moment, my wife can not use the car (driver or passenger seat).

Has anyone else run into this problem or got any advice please?
Last edited by JMR on Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
R-Design T3 Auto FWD + Climate, Versatility, Power Seats & Park Assist. October 2020.

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

N not at all sorry. I do find I need to not slouch in the seat and push the hips well in to the backrest to ensure comfort.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Had a feel of my front seat and yes I can feel the mentioned connector.
I really can’t see how a small hard area like that can cause back pain though. I’d suggest you need to adjust the seats better.
A chiropractor will tell you a small area like that in that position won’t cause a back pain (yep I’ve asked one)
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Member 002

Post by Member 002 »

Chris John wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:22 pm Had a feel of my front seat and yes I can feel the mentioned connector.
I really can’t see how a small hard area like that can cause back pain though. I’d suggest you need to adjust the seats better.
A chiropractor will tell you a small area like that in that position won’t cause a back pain (yep I’ve asked one)
If you can't see how then that shows a lack of experience.

A chiropractor is an alternative medicine practitioner; you might as well as a Harry Potter look-alike.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Member 002 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:51 pm
Chris John wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:22 pm Had a feel of my front seat and yes I can feel the mentioned connector.

A chiropractor is an alternative medicine practitioner; you might as well as a Harry Potter look-alike.
Surprised such an expert has time to comment on here. Ah sorry you’ve only posted once and added totally nothing
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Chris John wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:31 pm
Member 002 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:51 pm

Surprised such an expert has time to comment on here. Ah sorry you’ve only posted once and added totally nothing
:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

I checked my car today - could not feel the connector anywhere in the back of my the seat. I had spinal surgery on my lower back last year so it was the first thing I checked on the various test drives and never notice a box/lump.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.