Delivery Checklist

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
rafaborges

Post by rafaborges »

Hi Everyone,

On Wednesday I will receive my car. Based on your experience, is there something that I should pay attention to during the delivery?

Thanks!

Bill Payer

Post by Bill Payer »

I tend to keep the process to a minimum.

I usually find the car in the dealer's car park before I enter the dealership. I have a look around, making sure the paintwork, bodywork, and tyres are fine. I have a look inside if I can.

I then go in to the dealership, complete the paperwork, and pay.

The dealer usually suggests a full run through of every aspect. Usually I've had a test drive, not always, so I decline the kind offer, and drive away after a brief self-familiarise with the controls.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Not sure where you are but with Covid restrictions mine was just left on my drive.
Check the trims around the windows as mine and a few others (according to the deal) has had damage due to the protective tape that’s put on during transit from the factory.
I’d also check the wheels and that the locking wheel nuts are available.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Bill Payer

Post by Bill Payer »

A bit of a scare story I know, but true.

My father-in-law once bought a new car (not a Volvo) from a main dealer through the UKs Motability scheme. He didn't do a check and just drove away. After a week or two he noticed that the tyres were considerably worn, far more than the 30 or so miles he'd done would suggest.

Turns out the main dealer had received the new car into the dealership then swopped out the tyres from another vehicle putting the new ones on a 2nd hand vehicle they had to sell.

You couldn't make it up !!

They brazened it out for a while but eventually changed the tyres for new. I always maintained that he should of reported them to the police but he didn't.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Check you get the free Sim card and if possible get the dealer to set it up for you.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
mick4cov

Post by mick4cov »

Hi all I once bought a Volvo C30 and the dealer had got 2 new identical cars and put the number plates on the wrong cars only noticed when log book arrived with wrong vin number