All Volvo XC40 related discussions
brunel01

Post by brunel01 »

Has anyone ordered, driven or know when deliveries start for the 1.5?
Thanks

robbo

Post by robbo »

Hi

I have ordered one supposed to be delivered June. Please note all T3 models will have the 1.5 engine three pot as standard 2.0 will be dropped
saying that I don't think their was going to be a 2.0 engine going into same, all the internet company's only advertise the 1.5 engine now.

I phoned the Volvo customer service dept. to ask if their was a choice of the 1.5 engine and a 2.0 engine for the T3 the clowns did not even have Scooby about the 1.5 engine, honest they could not tell me that engine was going to be the norm in the T3.I then phoned the dealers and they still say 2.0 engine in same. It seems the only people that really know what is going on is the New car discount company's they only advertise the 1.5
three pot engine.

This is the reason I bought this model with this engine, it is fitted in the Electric LEVC Taxi made by Volvo's parent company Geely since last year
so if its been used in Taxi in London it must be reliable. This engine is fitted to back up the Battery system so it will be on and off all day and it will be getting a fair bit of punishment I expect, only time and mileage will tell. This 1.5 engine has been in testing for years before it went into the taxi.

www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/articl ... Geely.html

Robbo
Bob

Post by Bob »

I may be missing something here, but I thought the 'T' designation specified the size and horse power of the engine. So a T5 is a 2 litre engine with 247 bhp, the T4 is a 2 litre with 190 bhp, and the T3 is a 1.5 litre with 156 bhp.
I thought the T3 was only ever a 1.5 engine, not a 2 litre?

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Bob

Post by Bob »

Ah, I see a misunderstanding by me. I've just had a quick look at the V40 and I see in their price list the T3 is offered with either a 2 or 1.5 litre option, how confusing, I thought I'd sussed the engine designations!
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
robbo

Post by robbo »

Hi

I ordered a T3 Inscription with a 2.0 engine then they dropped this engine to a 1.5 engine and I changed to a R design pro instead
this didn't bother me because I wanted the 1.5 engine from the start I was told this 1.5 engine wasn't available till next year so it was
a bonus for me.

Robbo
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Yeah, the engine designations just indicate its position within the range, not a specific engine. A T4 in one model might not use the same engine (or state of tune) as a T4 in another. For a time, some models (the previous XC60, for example) had two D4 engines - one a 2.0-litre 4-cyl, the other a 2.4 5-cyl.

The info I have here says 1.5 T3 deliveries from the summer. T3 will be six-speed manual to start with, auto option likely to follow next year.

The 3-cyl also forms the basis of the forthcoming Twin Engine models.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
mikeisbell

Post by mikeisbell »

Just to move this topic on a bit, I've ordered a T3 Petrol R-Design with a projected delivery date of Oct/Nov.....
The deal is subject to me test driving the vehicle as and when one becomes available at my dealers. Does anyone have a real insight as to how this engine might perform in the XC40? I'm a bit worried about it's ability on motorways as i do have a 50 mile round trip commute to work....
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

robbo wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:29 am Hi

I have ordered one supposed to be delivered June. Please note all T3 models will have the 1.5 engine three pot as standard 2.0 will be dropped
saying that I don't think their was going to be a 2.0 engine going into same, all the internet company's only advertise the 1.5 engine now.

I phoned the Volvo customer service dept. to ask if their was a choice of the 1.5 engine and a 2.0 engine for the T3 the clowns did not even have Scooby about the 1.5 engine, honest they could not tell me that engine was going to be the norm in the T3.I then phoned the dealers and they still say 2.0 engine in same. It seems the only people that really know what is going on is the New car discount company's they only advertise the 1.5
three pot engine.

This is the reason I bought this model with this engine, it is fitted in the Electric LEVC Taxi made by Volvo's parent company Geely since last year
so if its been used in Taxi in London it must be reliable. This engine is fitted to back up the Battery system so it will be on and off all day and it will be getting a fair bit of punishment I expect, only time and mileage will tell. This 1.5 engine has been in testing for years before it went into the taxi.

www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/articl ... Geely.html

Robbo
That's strange, both my local dealer and the one I ordered from both knew about the T3 being a 1.5 not a 2.0 as in the V40.
I ordered one anyway with a little scepticism over the durability of the engine as Ford had some issues with their early EcoBoost ones.

It wasn't until a few days ago I was re-watching a video on YouTube showing the new LEVC Taxi and was reassured that it isn't really a brand new engine, it's already being used so any early issues will surely be ironed out before they're put into the XC40
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

mikeisbell wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:57 pm Just to move this topic on a bit, I've ordered a T3 Petrol R-Design with a projected delivery date of Oct/Nov.....
The deal is subject to me test driving the vehicle as and when one becomes available at my dealers. Does anyone have a real insight as to how this engine might perform in the XC40? I'm a bit worried about it's ability on motorways as i do have a 50 mile round trip commute to work....
I was a little worried about this too as I drive all over the country and Europe in my 2.0TDCi Focus at the moment, but I test drove a Mini Countryman 1.5 a few weeks back and it had more than enough power on the motorway, I did a 200 mile round trip as soon as I picked up the keys and it performed very well so I don't have any doubts over Volvo's choice of engine now.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

mikeisbell wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:57 pm Just to move this topic on a bit, I've ordered a T3 Petrol R-Design with a projected delivery date of Oct/Nov.....
Well from the numbers the T3 looks to have 156 BHP cf the D3 @ 150 so they'll be around the same performance you'd think? No data on torque for either if that is important to your needs. Gut feel is that is not going to be a sports car, but should get you up to speeds needed (not sure if it is the wallow but the car does feel that there is a lot of mass to move even with a T5)_ but it will be comfortable.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18