Ride comfort/ Front headrest problem

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

I have a bit of a bad back. Get your missus to recline the seat a bit. It should IN THEORY take a bit of the pressure off and make it more comfortable.
It works incredibly well for me, i did London-Lake District in one sitting and i had no problem, then drove back the same day with a single stop. RD Pro as well. Best seat i've tried (if i ignore the lack of ventilation haha). Maybe it'll help her too?

Mpainesyd

Post by Mpainesyd »

Just picked up my XC40 Recharge. I wanted to fit a lambswool cover to the driver seat and tried the method of removing the head restraint that I used in my previous Volvo - feeling for and pressing buttons at the back of the seat. That didn't work. Eventually I figured out that the second post has a detent mechanism similar to the adjustable post but no actuator. The trick is to use a small screwdriver (where the post goes into the top of the seat) to push the mechanism aside then the head restraint lifts off (after tilting the seat back - or it will hit the roof).
Note that the head restraint provides whiplash protection and so should always be used in its intended configuration.