Volvo accident repair

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Metroman

Post by Metroman »

Having just read the T's&C's it would seem that I am not eligible for this because I called my own insurer first!! I mean who on earth thinks to call Volvo instead of their own insurer in the event of an accident where the other driver took off? Shrewd marketing that.

I must say that the vovo accident assistance didn't make it easy and just left me to make the arrangements for repair whilst all the time "recommending" that the work should be done by an approved centre, fine but if you advertise that this service is part of the package for new volvo owners then at least take the process through to completion.
XC40 D3 Inscription Pro Auto in Denim Blue with Convenience, Xenium and Intellisafe pro packs plus smartphone integration , tinted rear windows and spare wheel.

ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

In fairness, i've read about their accident repair when getting the car, it was in the bunch of papers i got and it was the same for my other car, a Mazda 3. They asked to be called first, not sure if there's a legal requirement / implication to do so, or just a way of chickening out.

That said, if you're not insured with Volvo (who in their right mind would be?) i don't see them making a lot of money out of this service, so yeah - i think it's fair. Call them first, they specify they'll deal with the claim on your behalf so at the end of the day it still reaches your insurer.
morganj

Post by morganj »

Always interesting to read how different countries / arrangements handle things.

My Xc40 is a private lease from Volvo (via Santander) and includes all insurance servicing winter / summer tires and just about everything else except fuel and electricity (which will be paid by Volvo for first year)

In the event of any accident I would just deal with Volvo directly.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

Silver Moose wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:22 pm
I think you've mis-read, OP said it was due to using a repairer not on their approved list.
Probably :)
The OP states
'I also have to pay more excess because I'm not using their approved repairer' , I have never experienced that. How can the excess change because of using a non approved repairer.?
In the past all i had to do was pay the excess and claim it back, whereas the insurance company paid it directly to the approved repairer.
XC40 FE D4 Crystal White 20" with LAVA