Rejecting car

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
DrSaint

Post by DrSaint »

Hi, I have had many new cars over the past 30 odd years. I've never rejected a vehicle and I'm surprised to read of several posters who say they have done this. Excuse my naivety but can someone explain the mechanism surrounding this?
Many thanks.

goi

Post by goi »

The answer to your question depends on the market because of local customers laws.
Here in Gernany I‘ve rejected 2 cars.
Here you can reject a car if you find several minor or at least one major flaw and the workshop could not fix it within 2 tries.
Mostly the dealer will agree instead of rejecting ito buy your car and sell you a car for higher rebates. That‘s what i did last time.
since 2023: XC40 Pure Electric Twin Motor Ultimate MY24
since 2020: Mirai II Fuel Cell, MY21
2020-2023 XC40 Recharge Inscription (Pro) T5 (132+60 kW), MY21 late
DrSaint

Post by DrSaint »

Many thanks, I appreciate this. I'm in the UK, so I wonder if others have rejected cars here?
4 character

Post by 4 character »

I'm UK and rejected a car recently. I gave the dealer a couple of attempts to repair, but kept getting new/recurring issues so had no confidence in the car and the dealer took it back without any quibbles.
DrSaint

Post by DrSaint »

Thanks for that. Hopefully I won't have too many problems when mine eventually arrives. ( Provisional date was for next Friday (21st) but I'm not holding my breath)