Sat Nav in Driver Display

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
mjm8975

Post by mjm8975 »

Hi,

Just got our XC40 R Design Pro on Friday. The dealer was trying to get the sat nav to display on the driver display when no destination is set buts he couldn't do it. It does display when a destination is set but there is just a big black space between the speedo and rev counter when no destination is set.

I found this on the online manual:

The navigation system is shown automatically in the driver display when a destination is set. The navigation system can also be shown without specifying a destination.

Drag down the centre display's top view.

Press Settings.

Press My CarDisplaysDriver Display Information.

Press the radio button Show Map to show the navigation system in the driver display without an entered destination.

As you can see from a picture I have took of the screen, I don't have this option. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious - anyone any ideas?

PXL_20201004_111152091.jpg

MarminUK

Post by MarminUK »

I have a MY21 R Design Pro and its there in my list, I'm wondering if its not connected to sat nav for some reason, so doesnt show, does the sat nav work on the centre?
mjm8975

Post by mjm8975 »

Yes, the sat nav works fine, even shows in the drivers display when a route is set just not when there is no route set and the option is missing.
Norton

Post by Norton »

I took delivery of an XC40 Inscription Pro last week and I have exactly the same problem. I had a test drive in an R Design a couple of months ago and it definitely had the map on the driver display when no destination was entered. However on my new car, the map is displayed only when a destination is set. The pdf manual for the XC40 MY21 has this on page 79:

SETTINGS VIA THE CENTRE DISPLAY
Selecting information type
1. Tap on Settings in the centre display's top view.
2. Press My Car Displays/Driver Display/Information.
3. Select what should be shown in the background:
• Show no information in background
• Show information for current playing media
• Show navigation even if no route is set

Like mjm8975, I don’t have the last option “Show navigation even if no route is set”. I have added it to the list of problems with the vehicle which I will be sending to the dealer tomorrow.
RichardXC

Post by RichardXC »

Norton wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:25 pm I took delivery of an XC40 Inscription Pro last week and I have exactly the same problem. I had a test drive in an R Design a couple of months ago and it definitely had the map on the driver display when no destination was entered. However on my new car, the map is displayed only when a destination is set. The pdf manual for the XC40 MY21 has this on page 79:

SETTINGS VIA THE CENTRE DISPLAY
Selecting information type
1. Tap on Settings in the centre display's top view.
2. Press My Car Displays/Driver Display/Information.
3. Select what should be shown in the background:
• Show no information in background
• Show information for current playing media
• Show navigation even if no route is set

Like mjm8975, I don’t have the last option “Show navigation even if no route is set”. I have added it to the list of problems with the vehicle which I will be sending to the dealer tomorrow.

That's pretty strange. My XC40 Inscription Pro was delivered a couple of weeks ago and the option to show the map works exactly as described. I can only assume we have different software versions?
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Yes, very odd. I took delivery of my 2021 V60 on 29/9 and I have the option.

Hardware is different on my car but....firmware shouldn't be that different. I would say this is a glitch & worth updating firmware. It may take an hour or more so:

1) You may need to take a firm stand with your dealer, and

2) Plan for a lunch somewhere
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Deleted User 2507

Post by Deleted User 2507 »

XC40 Inscription here (not Pro) and I have the option, not quite 2 weeks old yet
mjm8975

Post by mjm8975 »

Quick update. Called in to the dealer today for another issue and I mentioned this to the service guy. He said he remembered reading something about it, took my keys and 30 minutes later it was fixed. Must have been some kind of software update.
Norton

Post by Norton »

Thanks for the update mjm8975. I need to get into to see my dealer about getting this fixed.
mjm8975

Post by mjm8975 »

Any problems get them to phone Rybrook Volvo Preston. They were really helpful.