Air Con turns on at Startup

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
razashah5

Post by razashah5 »

Hello,

My AC turns on at LOW cool automatically each time I press start and turn the car's engine on. Not great as winter approaches.
Is there any way I can turn this feature off so the air con does not turn on at startup?

This seems to have only started happening recently.

Thanks,
Raza
T4 Inscription Pro - Crystal White - Xenium Pack - Intellisafe Pro

x-rayted

Post by x-rayted »

razashah5 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:05 pm Hello,

My AC turns on at LOW cool automatically each time I press start and turn the car's engine on. Not great as winter approaches.
Is there any way I can turn this feature off so the air con does not turn on at startup?

This seems to have only started happening recently.

Thanks,
Raza
This means your driver profile was set/updated when AC is on. So with every start, as a part of that profile , A/C is on .
You have to close A/C and then you overwrite/update your driver profile.
2020 XC40 T3 FWD Momentum 8AT
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I leave my aircon on all year round. Great on a cold or wet day for demisting the windscreen..or indeed keeping in clear through your journey.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Same as above, i never turn Air Con off

That said, are you sure it's actually air con and not just cold air blowing due to a cold engine?
My Mazda 3 does the same, and on a cold day it feels like air con indeed. Can't say it happened on the Volvo, but on cold mornings i always remote start it for 10 mins so by the time i get to it engine is warm and blows warmer air
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

In cold weather, when you turn the car engine on the air blown is cold because the engine is cold, not because the AC is turned on. As mentioned by blastpipe, AC is controlling humidity in the cabin, it’s actually “drying out” the air. In winter you won’t feel blowing cold air from the vents, but the warm air will be conform level dry.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

I just changed all my settings for this exact reason. The car was blowing cold air (which was good due to it being summer) and this was great. But now that the winter is fast approaching, I want heat instead of cold. I had to select a higher temperature, 22 in my case, and saved it to my fob. When I now start the car, the AC temperature is set at 22. Obviously, the car needs to reach somewhere near the normal operating temperature in order to throw out any heat.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.