Ambient lighting

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Wheaters55

Post by Wheaters55 »

Am I missing something here? T5 Recharge Inscription. In the settings under ambient lighting I can apparently change the intensity and colour of the ambient lighting. Nothing happens! All I have is white lights internally in the car........apart from a tiny LED in the roof panel that changes colour according to my choice. Is that it? Even in the pitch darkness of Lincolnshire it is hardly noticeable.
T5 Recharge Inscription, Crystal White, Charcoal interior, tinted rear windows + space saver spare.
Delivered 15 Sep 20

goi

Post by goi »

Well, i think it is a matter of expectation: What were you expecting? A full daylight beam with the selected colour? I admit, I have no expectation about this ambient light except being "ambient" and not to disturb me much. I have some non-changeable ambient lights in my other modern cars but i really do not care about it and dim it to the darkest setting I've found.
But I am really curious what other users expectations are and what their experiences with other cars are in this regard.
since 2023: XC40 Pure Electric Twin Motor Ultimate MY24
since 2020: Mirai II Fuel Cell, MY21
2020-2023 XC40 Recharge Inscription (Pro) T5 (132+60 kW), MY21 late
Prince Buster

Post by Prince Buster »

The small LED front (and back, you overlooked the rear light!) is all you get.

It just gives a low glow, most noticeable in really dark conditions, hardly noticeable at all in city street lit areas.

I find purple works best and gives specular highlights on the chrome, piano black trim.

Yes, a little disappointing!
Wheaters55

Post by Wheaters55 »

Thanks for that, at least i,'m not missing a setting or something. I was expecting more, but hey there you go!
T5 Recharge Inscription, Crystal White, Charcoal interior, tinted rear windows + space saver spare.
Delivered 15 Sep 20