New car delayed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Warpig

Post by Warpig »

Just had a call from the dealer to say my XC40 b4p Inscription Pro due for delivery in 4 weeks has been pushed back to mid December ☹️

SwanseaDave

Post by SwanseaDave »

I ordered mid August for end October, same model, so assume I'm in the same boat. Sad times
B4 inscription pro onyx black
CITYSWEED

Post by CITYSWEED »

In the USA, I also ordered in mid-August with a late October target (XC40 Momentum AWD B5P) Guessing I'll hear the bad news soon from my dealer.
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

I’ve also ordered an Inscription Pro, B4P.
I ordered beginning of July and that’s the last time I spoke to my dealer. It should have been delivered by now but when I rang to arrange pick up, I was told it’s now end of October.
So I’m guessing I’m in the same boat but will not be told. I’ll probably find out when I ring end of October to arrange another pick up.
Why are dealers in the UK so crap? I work in sales and if I treated my customers like this, I’d be sacked......and I’d expect it. 😐
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
rafaborges

Post by rafaborges »

When I placed my order on a Saturday three weeks ago, they could not immediately add it to the system because we had to wait for the bank approval and that would only happen on the next Monday. The salesperson was transparent and told me that on the day before he placed an order of a similar spec car and it would only arrive at the and of December or beginning of January.

Monday comes and he calls me with two good news. The first one was that the bank approved everything. The second was that someone gave up on buying and I was able to get the delivery slot, so my order is booked for the end of October.

Yesterday I called him to include an optional and asked about delays. He told me that sometimes it can move a couple days back and forward, but at his branch he's not aware of cars being delayed months. He told me that this happened during the lockdown when the production facility in Belgium shutdown, but now things are back to "normal".

I'm now wondering if delays like your are branch specific...
masiv

Post by masiv »

SwanseaDave wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:42 pm I ordered mid August for end October, same model, so assume I'm in the same boat. Sad times

I ordered rom Volvo Swansea on 15th August and received an email on 29th September that said "The factory have advised your car is due to land with us between the 27th October - 10th November."
PP1981

Post by PP1981 »

The factory always build things in group slots and going off orders (inc my own) they have been building a lot of B4/B5’s which are currently being delivered but from now until the end of Oct a lot of T3’s are expected in various model variants. I have also seen a lot of people have been promised times well short of the normal 12 week delivery to dealer window and then being disappointed by the dealer later. I presume they have another production line for the Pure and Plug-in models due to the different types of tooling required on build. Another rumour is that there has been a supply issue with the 19” on the Inscription pro but as I say it’s a rumour so far.
XC40 T3 Auto R-Design Pro MY2021 Fusion Red with Versatility Pack, Climate Pack, Wireless Charging Pad, Electronic Child Locks, Sunglasses Holder, Genuine Folding Rear Metal Safety Guard and Mud Flaps..
VolvoPhil

Post by VolvoPhil »

masiv wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:33 am
SwanseaDave wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:42 pm I ordered mid August for end October, same model, so assume I'm in the same boat. Sad times

I ordered rom Volvo Swansea on 15th August and received an email on 29th September that said "The factory have advised your car is due to land with us between the 27th October - 10th November."

We ordered from Volvo Swansea on 8th July and haven't heard a peep out of them. We've phoned twice only to be given approximate dates round end of October or early November, so around the same dates you have been given. Given up asking - it will arrive when it does. I'm expecting a mega handover experience, coffee, doughnuts, the full works to make up for it :D
Volvo XC40 T3 Inscription Pro in Denim Blue (on order)
Littletaffia

Post by Littletaffia »

I also ordered from FRF Swansea in mid July. Delivery scheduled for the end of October. Had an e-mail last week as the car is early and I can pick it up week Monday. It's a B4 Inscription Pro Auto in Pebble Grey.
B4 Inscription Pro Auto. Pebble Grey.
SwanseaDave

Post by SwanseaDave »

Emailed Volvo Swansea couple weeks ago, no reply so sent another email this week and given same answer. I will let you know when admin have an update. Was originally given end October but braced for delay into November/December. If they were just honest about delays then fair enough rather than ignore or palm me off.
Worth the wait though I suppose...
B4 inscription pro onyx black