Servicing - a bit sketchy!!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

So, I called Doves this morning and asked for a receipt or works carried out report. The service guy was most helpful and emailed it over. The oil and filter were both changed. The receipt gets sent straight to the service plan people (if you have a 3 or 5 year plan). In future, I will ask for a copy of the receipt. The work came to £240 which make the service plan (particularly the 5 year plan that I opted for) extremely good value.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

Deleted User 2967

Post by Deleted User 2967 »

Yeaterday I had my first service. I asked for the detail and was given a page called Standard Service 0 - 18,000 miles. It consisted of a list with the items split into 3 categories - 1) Entering, 2) Raise the Vehicle and 3) Lower the Vehicle.

The list was:

ENTERING
Automatic transmission control check the park / neutral position (PNP) Switch

Parking brake-check and adjust

External lighting - check the function

Horn - check the signal

Headlamp/fog lamp - check and align headlamps

Washers and wipers for windshields and headlamps, check the function and for signs of wear

Seat belts-check the function and for signs of wear

Air cleaner passenger compartment replace

RAISE THE VEHICLE

Engine oil, oil filter-change oil and oil filter

Driveline - check for leaks

Wheels and tires check for damage tread depth of tires in mm

Tires exc spare wheel check and adjust the air pressure

Brake pads, brake discs-check

LOWER THE VEHICLE

Fluid levels - engine compartment - check and adjust the brake fluid, clutch fluid, power steering fluid, washer fluid, coolant

Coolant - check and adjust the antifreeze corrosion protection rating to freeze point below -32 C-26"

Initiate reset/calibrate tire pressure monitor system

SRI-set the service reminder indicator (SR) to zero

I left the car with them and made use of an XC60 courtesy car for the day. Part way through the day I received an email with an attached video showing the mechanic working on my car, who then proceeded to outline what he'd been doing and showing me the underside of the car using the video camera.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Had my 2nd year service today (Marshall’s Volvo, Nottingham). I have 9500 miles on the clock. The service person offered a lower cost “short” service because of the low mileage but when I pointed out that I was on a 3yr free service contract they went ahead and did a full service.
They sent me a video of the work in progress, including footage of the oil draining.

After 2yrs Brake pad wear is 15% front, 30% rear. Tyre tread 4.8mm front, 5.7mm rear.

Quite happy with that🙂
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Deleted User 2967

A free service contract ??
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Soft Ware wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:23 pm A free service contract ??
Yes, got a deal for free servicing for the first 3yrs when I bought the car. It was a special offer from Volvo for the First Edition I think.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Deleted User 2967

Rifleman wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:41 pm
Yes, got a deal for free servicing for the first 3yrs when I bought the car. It was a special offer from Volvo for the First Edition I think.
I got 5 years, but paid £600 for it ☹️
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Soft Ware wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:59 pm
Rifleman wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:41 pm
I got 5 years, but paid £600 for it ☹️
Still a good deal for you though. I reckon I’ll be paying a fair bit more than £600 for 4th+5th services (assuming I keep the XC40 of course).