Driver Display

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
MarminUK

Post by MarminUK »

Only had the car (R Design Pro) for a week, so still getting used to it.

Folded the rear seats down to take a long load the other day and the car image that pops up to show you the seat belts etc, came on and stayed on till I pressed the "ok" button. There appeared to be no message/warning/anything, just the car picture.

Did it again today.

Anyone else had this?

mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Hi,
I don't think it has anything to do with folding your seat's.
I have such message every time I start the car and if you don't press ok it will disappear after you start driving.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Do you just mean the seats picture in general or red seats to say no seat belt?

My car (delivered March 2019) has no rear seat sensors. However, ever so occasionally, with no rhyme nor reason, the interior display does persist on the screen.

As you say, OK clears it but, for me it is an occasional thing.......never been able to identify a common denominator, just random.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Silver Moose wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:36 pm Do you just mean the seats picture in general or red seats to say no seat belt?

My car (delivered March 2019) has no rear seat sensors. However, ever so occasionally, with no rhyme nor reason, the interior display does persist on the screen.

As you say, OK clears it but, for me it is an occasional thing.......never been able to identify a common denominator, just random.
Yep, mine does the same. Sometimes it goes off as soon as you drive away, sometimes it takes an eternity and sometimes I think it will never go away and I press the ok button.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Dermottdog wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:50 pm
Silver Moose wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:36 pm Do you just mean the seats picture in general or red seats to say no seat belt?

Yep, mine does the same. Sometimes it goes off as soon as you drive away, sometimes it takes an eternity and sometimes I think it will never go away and I press the ok button.
Yeah,
Same behaviour for me. I didn't find a pattern to identify why sometimes it stays longer and sometimes disappears straight away.

However, my car definitely has rear seat sensors, as with 3 passengers it identifies and highlights all of them separately.
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

I found that either starting the car and immediately securing the seat belt, or securing it before engine start will make that go away fast.
Otherwise, it takes a minute + to clear, sometimes i lost patience. Generally i just press OK to rid of it
Des Posable

Post by Des Posable »

I always press the OK to remove any of the warning messages. It's been especially useful this last 3 months removing the over exhuberant Your Car Needs A Service Soon message. The actual service is due in October, but it's been telling me since late June !!!!