Volvo On Call / Volvo ID

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Hi. Did you ever get this sorted?

I was just having a search as this is first time I will be having a SIM in the car modem.

Volvo says you must NOT be using modem for Sensus when setting up VOC. Note also it says you should switch on ignition without starting engine & give VOC button one quick press. I'm guessing you're going to need to start your car first so you can turn off that lock VOC when parked option???

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/to ... 0depressed).
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera

mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Silver Moose wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:25 pm Hi. Did you ever get this sorted?

I was just having a search as this is first time I will be having a SIM in the car modem.

Volvo says you must NOT be using modem for Sensus when setting up VOC. Note also it says you should switch on ignition without starting engine & give VOC button one quick press. I'm guessing you're going to need to start your car first so you can turn off that lock VOC when parked option???

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/to ... 0depressed).
I didn't get it sorted yet. The dealer told me that I need to visit them back as the car when into the "hibernation".

As for the modem - yes, I am aware of this. In my original message - I did post all the communication methods I've used. I think it all comes back to the fact that "On Call Module" in the car is currently asking for activation code.

Thanks.
papalimafoxtrot

Post by papalimafoxtrot »

You can ring VOC for help without using the car button 01628 422522 I found them very helpful.
papalimafoxtrot

Post by papalimafoxtrot »

Oops! Sorry , I now see you have already tried that- hope you have got it sorted
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

papalimafoxtrot wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:50 pm Oops! Sorry , I now see you have already tried that- hope you have got it sorted
I'll update the thread after the visit to the Dealer this Saturday.
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Hi All,

Visited dealer today and it finally got fixed :)

Now everything works as charm!
DonkUK

Post by DonkUK »

What did they do to fix it mr.vladis?
2021 MY XC40 B4 Inscription Pro Automatic, Denim Blue with Blond leather + HK.
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

DonkUK wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:58 pm What did they do to fix it mr.vladis?
Hi,
I didn't see what exactly they did, but they had to take the car into the workshop. My guess is that they needed to connect VIDA.
Their explanation was, that after the car reset, OnCall module needed to be configured within 14 days. As it wasn't ( it was reset in July) - module went to "Hybernation".

After the fix - it no longer asked for the code and had "Activated" status.

OnCall app got connected and it is all good now.
DonkUK

Post by DonkUK »

Cheers for the update, glad you finally got it fixed!
2021 MY XC40 B4 Inscription Pro Automatic, Denim Blue with Blond leather + HK.
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

I connected my VOC app to the car, last night. During the set up, after asking for the Vin, it then skipped asking for the pin, and went straight to saying press the button. When I tried the functions, later, everything is working as it should. It seems strange, as no pin was entered. Anybody else come across this.?
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.