Volvo On Call / Volvo ID

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Hi Everyone,

Question about Volvo On Call and Volvo ID that I am struggling with:
After purchase of the XC40 (early 2020 model) via the Volvo Selekt I got an emails and text with the VolvoOn Call PIN.
I have installed the app as suggested and tried to connect it with the car. However it just failing to connect:

I have tried to both just turn on the ignition and start the engine, but it didn’t matter.
Also tried different connection methods:
    • Wifi from the house (car is parked near the house and connected to the house wifi)
    • Wifi from the Phone Hot-Spot.
    • Bluetooth connection through the phone
    • Car modem (I bought data sim from Three and installed it)
None of the options above helped.
Following the guidance on one of the forums – I’ve tried to press “OnCall” button, but car gave me the following message:

I got on in touch with the Dealer; and they told me to give it 24 hours as it may be an issue with the Volvo servers.

The other weird thing is with the Volvo ID app in the car:
I have tried to login there. Once logged in - it send me a text for the verification with the following content:

Code: Select all

Please click on the link to connect your car: https://volvoid.eu.volvocars.com/Account/connectcar?token=xxxxxxxxxxx&source=CAR&market=GB&language=en
however, when I try to navigate to that link - I always get 400 error... Tried to resend it multiple times, but always just 400.

Did anyone experienced the same?

Thanks.
Last edited by mr.vladis on Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

DonkUK

Post by DonkUK »

Is it possible there is no sim in the car as it was bought used? You can check in the boot there should be at least one for VOC and possibly another for connected services like traffic updates. The dealer should have made sure ownership of the subscription for VOC was transferred as well, maybe thats not been done? Looking at your error messages it seems the car is not connecting to the internet, although it should do if the car is connected to your home wirless network I think.

Have a read of this as well

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/to ... scription.
2021 MY XC40 B4 Inscription Pro Automatic, Denim Blue with Blond leather + HK.
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

DonkUK wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:24 pm Is it possible there is no sim in the car as it was bought used? You can check in the boot there should be at least one for VOC and possibly another for connected services like traffic updates. The dealer should have made sure ownership of the subscription for VOC was transferred as well, maybe thats not been done? Looking at your error messages it seems the car is not connecting to the internet, although it should do if the car is connected to your home wirless network I think.

Have a read of this as well

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/to ... scription.
Hi DonkUK,
Thanks for your reply.
I have installed SIM card myself, but what's more important - it is connected to the home Wifi. I have tried to download a map via it and it worked very well.

Dealer has done something and as a result of this action - I got a text and email with the PIN, but it still doesn't work.

Any other thoughts?
morganj

Post by morganj »

Not sure if this is clear to you, but the VOC sim is not user removable and is therefore not related to the SIM slot in the boot / trunk.

I suggest that you confirm with the dealer that they have transferred the remaining VOC subscription time to you as the new owner.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

morganj wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:18 am Not sure if this is clear to you, but the VOC sim is not user removable and is therefore not related to the SIM slot in the boot / trunk.

I suggest that you confirm with the dealer that they have transferred the remaining VOC subscription time to you as the new owner.
Thanks morganj,

I didn't know that there is a separate VOC sim card. Is there a way to check it?

Yeah, I am communicating with the Dealer, but I'm not getting any confidence that there is an understanding on what's happening from their end.
They did some sort of registration for me which resulted into SMS and Email with the Volvo On Call Pin.

The email begins with the following:

Code: Select all

Welcome to Volvo On Call!

Dear Volvo Customer, 

Warm welcome to Volvo On Call, designed to make your life simpler and more convenient. 
The other thing that I do find a bit strange and dealer didn't yet commented on is that if I go to the "Communitations -> Volvo On Call" in the car settings, I see the following:

When I press there - it is asking for some sort of code:

I have a feeling, that this might be an issue.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

morganj wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:18 am
When I press there - it is asking for some sort of code:

I have a feeling, that this might be an issue.
When I picked up my XC40 from the dealership they had registered my email as a .co.uk instead of .com. Had to speak to the Volvo On Call (by pressing the button which I know you cannot do) and they gave the code for the car and changed the email registered so I managed to get the PIN. This all took about 30 minutes so hopefully explain to the dealership and they can contact the VoC people on your behalf.

Good luck in getting this sorted out.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
DonkUK

Post by DonkUK »

This has just reminded me of something.

When my dealer was setting up my VOC he pressed the button in the roof console to speak to the on call team even though it was not set up in the car yet. My issue was that they had to connect the car to the dealership wireless SSID first before it would register. May be worth giving it a push to see if it connects to them and they can help?
2021 MY XC40 B4 Inscription Pro Automatic, Denim Blue with Blond leather + HK.
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

DonkUK wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:16 pm This has just reminded me of something.

When my dealer was setting up my VOC he pressed the button in the roof console to speak to the on call team even though it was not set up in the car yet. My issue was that they had to connect the car to the dealership wireless SSID first before it would register. May be worth giving it a push to see if it connects to them and they can help?
Yeah, I've tried that. It didn't even call, but just give me a message that "Volvo On Call" is not active.

Gave dealer a call today. They just blame Volvo :)

This kinda make me feel a bit concerned about the Selekt proposition. It is positioned as car that has been checked, so I wasn't really expecting it to not to work at all.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Try contacting customer services direct.

Screenshot_20200923-212103_Volvo On Call.jpg

XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Thanks Skyrimmer,

I'll try that. I did try to call Volvo On Call number, but they said they can't help me with anything like that, but only with the actual car faults.