2021 XC40 (backseat and tyre storage area)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
CITYSWEED

Post by CITYSWEED »

Hello Folks,

I'll be taking delivery of a 2021 XC40 Momentum in a couple months and wanted to plan out areas where I could store some basic emergency gear without having to waste accessible back cargo area.

Does anyone know:

1.) Can the XC40 bottom backseat cushions be pulled up enabling storage underneath? Ideally storing a pair of boots and some supplies with very infrequent access.

2.) I will have the spare tyre in the bottom boot and I'm wondering if there is extra space between the actual tyre and the trunk/cover where I could store flat objects such as emergency clothing, jumper cables, etc. A 12-14 cm gap from the actual tyre to the cover would provide some value hidden space for these supplies.

thank you all in advance.

CS.

Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

1. No
2. Yes
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Agree with Skyrimmer
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

There is lots of space around the spare wheel, it is designed to fit the load cover in there for a start. Also there are foam and plastic inserts which can all be removed creating more space.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Bazza

Post by Bazza »

20200922_151308.jpg

20200922_151259.jpg

20200922_151232.jpg

R-Design T4AWD Auto Fusion Red
Sobriquet

Post by Sobriquet »

Is that a homemade lower floor?

Does the parcel shelf fit in to there?
Bazza

Post by Bazza »

Sobriquet wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:37 pm Is that a homemade lower floor?

Yes, spent just under £200 on the spare wheel kit so cut corners with the floor.
I know some will say "why spend 30/40 k on a car and scrimp on a non Volvo part, but its a floor!!!
Bit of ply covered with black car carpet off ebay, total £10.
Old school but works. You have to step up the back like the original or else you lose things under the seats
R-Design T4AWD Auto Fusion Red
Sobriquet

Post by Sobriquet »

Bazza wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:12 pm
Sobriquet wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:37 pm Is that a homemade lower floor?

Yes, spent just under £200 on the spare wheel kit so cut corners with the floor.
I know some will say "why spend 30/40 k on a car and scrimp on a non Volvo part, but its a floor!!!
Bit of ply covered with black car carpet off ebay, total £10.
Old school but works. You have to step up the back like the original or else you lose things under the seats
Looks good. Good job.
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Like others who have replied, I keep lots of useful but seldom used items in the space around the spare wheel, like work gloves, spare bulbs, a few tools and a tow rope I’ve had for many years but never used. Between the flimsy spare wheel cover and the boot floor there is a height of nine to ten centimetres, so there is loads of room for flat items (I store shopping bags and a towel). I suppose you might be able to accommodate shoes or welly boots as long as your feet are not too large!
CITYSWEED

Post by CITYSWEED »

Thank you all !

I appreciate the thoughtful responses and photos. It looks like 10cm of space height is do-able.... crossing fingerings I'll be able to get a little more height maybe another 2-3 centimeters.

Now, pushing my luck :) does anyone know the dimensions of the drawer under the drivers seat ? Does the passenger get a drawer too ?

thank you again.