Supagard

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Jools

Post by Jools »

My negotiation with the dealer went something along the lines of....

"I'll buy the service pack, if you throw in the paint protection for free...."

chrisxc40

Post by chrisxc40 »

The dealer will make a massive profit on this. If you want protection, get an independent to apply (probably) a far better product for (probably) half the price.

I would rather pay someone who does this for a living, than some bod at the dealership
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Surprised by the positive comments. All the advice I have had is don't touch it. Incredible mark up and usually applied poorly and quickly which can scratch surface. If you want coating go to a reputable detailer who will do a far superior job for similar money.
Norton

Post by Norton »

I want to feel confident that, if there are any problems with my new £40k vehicle, I will have full recourse under the warranty back through the dealer to Volvo. If I have allowed a third-party detailer to apply a protective treatment to the paintwork and to the interior of the new vehicle, where would I stand if there were subsequently problems with the paintwork or the interior? The dealer and Volvo might well say “nothing to do with us”. However if the Volvo dealer applies the treatments, I can still go back to the dealer and/or Volvo under the warranty with any concerns about the paintwork and the interior.