Do 'manual' seats have the same adjustments as power ones?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

I currently have (a) a sporty BMW 1-series, and (b) an SO with a permanently bad back.
Anything more than the shortest drive and she's in real discomfort.
One has to be changed, so it will be the car.
Volvo is the gold standard for comfortable ride/seats, so that's what it'll be.

Car usage will be 80% me alone and 20% me and her. So once the seats are set, they will never be changed. Hence power/memory seem pointless.

I note the Momentum spec says 'Height adjustable passenger seat'. Height only? .. how about all the other seat adjustments?

Seems only the 'Power Seat' Pack improves that to 'Power Passenger Seat'.
Does that give more adjustments, or only power-assistance to existing options?

Mark
MY2020 R-Design

A N Other

Post by A N Other »

Traditionally a car seat has fore and aft adjustment, and rake of the backrest. Height was a luxury item to be paid extra for. Hence the reason it's promoted as a luxury and mentioned in the brochure.

The manual seat has all the usual adjustments, and if height is mentioned it has that as well.

In my wife's Mini Cooper we had to pay extra (£35) to get height adjustment on the passenger seat.

Volvo give it as standard, they must have money to burn!
gt40

Post by gt40 »

The manual seats also have electric lumbar support adjustment. Well posh
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Unless the spec has now changed, my seven month old Momentum has a manual passenger seat with the same adjustments as the driver’s seat apart from the seat tilt feature. The lumbar support adjustment is terrific because it can be moved up and down as well as in and out (if you see what I mean!), so it can be positioned very snuggly in the small of your back.
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

Thanks; good to know the same adjustments are on the manual passenger seat. But I will double-check with a salesman in case the specs have changed.
MY2020 R-Design
Georgy

Post by Georgy »

DanishPastry wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:03 pm Thanks; good to know the same adjustments are on the manual passenger seat. But I will double-check with a salesman in case the specs have changed.
In this day and age they're very unlikely to sell a car of such cost that has seats that only adjust in height. The seat will have all the required adjustments to fit different size/shaped people.

To only supply height adjustment in a car of such cost would be like supplying a car without rear internal passenger lights...

Er...hold on...wait a minute...
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Having had a previous car with electric seats and therefore a tilting squab it was a must have on the XC40.

My other car only has manual seats and I miss not having the squab tiltable. This might be an issue for your SO's comfort?

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

@ChrisLF re seat tilt.

I've found the full Owners' Manual is available to download (688 pages). It describes 6 adjustments for "manual front seat". None of those are 'tilt'. The same 6 adjustments are available for manual and power seats, which answers my own question.

The 'tilt' confusion comes from the XC40, MY21 Pricelist, which says:
Standard features, "Height and Tilt Adjustable Driver Seat".
Variant features (all except Momentum Core), "Height Adjustable Passenger Seat". (Height but not tilt).

EDIT: No, I see it now. The adjustment, "Raise/lower the front edge of the seat cushion* by pumping up/down" only applies to the driver's seat.

p.s. Your beer car is an Orange TT ...respect!
MY2020 R-Design