Colour regret?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

Ordered Osmium Grey / 19" Wheels / Lava on my D4 FE last week... now wondering if I've made the right decision having spotted line-up pics online...

The lava goes further up the interior than I remember, too...

screenshot97.png

screenshot96.png

D4 First Edition | Fusion Red, 19" Alloys | Estimated Delivery: Late June/Early July
Switching from: Seat Leon

MPS 1

Post by MPS 1 »

I ordered the lava orange too, with Bright Silver as exterior colour.

I think the lava will look great.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 20" wheels with headlamp washers | Ordered 13/02/18 | Delivered 11/05/18
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

My impulse keeps going back to the Red, though can't have lava.
D4 First Edition | Fusion Red, 19" Alloys | Estimated Delivery: Late June/Early July
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

The Lava is IMHO very much a Marmite option. I am sure people will love it or hate it. I posted in another thread a long time ago now that I didn’t like it personally, and posted some pics to show how orange it really was. Not a nice dullish red which some Volvo advertising appears to show. I started off with the Crystal White but switched to Bursting Blue to get an earlier delivery. Both look really good I think as does the Fusion Red and the Osmium Grey. Lava would not look good with the Blue or the Red of course. I am very happy with the look of the Charcoal carpets and while they may be made of the same material as the Lava (?), IMHO again, they make a better looking quality trim to the interior.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

pjm007 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:00 pm The Lava is IMHO very much a Marmite option. I am sure people will love it or hate it. I posted in another thread a long time ago now that I didn’t like it personally, and posted some pics to show how orange it really was. Not a nice dullish red which some Volvo advertising appears to show. I started off with the Crystal White but switched to Bursting Blue to get an earlier delivery. Both look really good I think as does the Fusion Red and the Osmium Grey. Lava would not look good with the Blue or the Red of course. I am very happy with the look of the Charcoal carpets and while they may be made of the same material as the Lava (?), IMHO again, they make a better looking quality trim to the interior.
It is indeed. I have seen it in the flesh at Volvo's showroom in Stockholm, and it looked good but the mats were suffering already.

Lava isn't actually configurable with red or blue, so if I opt for red, my decision is made. I felt the Grey looked good, but lacked 'pop' in comparison to the more contrasting combinations.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Purely personal, but I would go for the external colour I like first, and then take the consequence on carpet choice.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

I think you're right, just got to make the decision then impatiently wait til July! ;)
Noccc

Post by Noccc »

I ordered Osmium Grey. I am so worried now because I haven't seen the real car in Osmium Grey. It seems that this colour is really tricky. Under different lighting, it has a different shade.
brunel01

Post by brunel01 »

Noccc wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:24 am I ordered Osmium Grey. I am so worried now because I haven't seen the real car in Osmium Grey. It seems that this colour is really tricky. Under different lighting, it has a different shade.
I have seen it and it looks fantastic. I think all of the colours look great. Have seem black, grey, red and white.
senwar

Post by senwar »

Osmium is fantastic (although I’m bias).

The red looks superb but as a Wednesday fan I just couldn’t order red. Shame as definitely my favourite colour of the lot.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels