Collision warning or autobrake activation etc?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Gnomeface

Re: Collision warning or autobrake activation etc?

Post by Gnomeface » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:05 pm

I reckon it's the telegraph pole that triggers it. \\\I've had a couple of incidents similar to this on bends where there's an apparent obstruction until you turn the steering wheel a bit further. You could prove this by straddling the hatching - that bit further out from the verge - and it isn't illegal, by the way, because the white lines on either side are broken and not solid.
Family car - XC40 T5 Inscription Pro, Glacier Silver, charcoal leather, Intellisafe Pro and Xenium packs. Dog guard and mud flaps added since.
Fun car - Mercedes SLC

charles_M

Post by charles_M » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:12 am

This happened to me quite often, I mentioned it at some software recall and they apparently mostly fixed it by "reducing the sensitivity"

It still happens now and again - seems to be when, for example - a parked car is directly ahead which you fully intend to avoid by means of a sharp turning manoeuvre when an oncoming car has passed.

In your case, as someone has commented, the telegraph pole could be the culprit.

malkyxc40

Post by malkyxc40 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:05 pm

jamie307 - why do you choose to straighten the bend and straddle the two lines in the middle of the road.
What difference would it make if there was a message as to what triggered ?
The first time it happened to me I got a fright and thought the brakes had developed a fault.
But one gets used to it and it's very reassuring that it works.
However I do not go out of my way to test it, just like I do not try to test the airbags.
Perhaps it's not the car that's lacking messages, but the driver ,?

Deta

Post by Deta » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:10 am

The OP has a choice, so do you. Perhaps make the choice not to be rude.

malkyxc40

Post by malkyxc40 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:54 pm

What's the OP ?
Not being rude, just sensible !