Towball Install

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
West Yorkshire Lofty

Post by West Yorkshire Lofty »

Dear All, has anybody got any suggestions on how to get a tow ball installed on a XC40 D4 AWD?

I understand it is around a £1000.00 to get one installed by a main dealer!

Is a software upgrade required?

Cheers West Yorkshire Lofty
Three Car Garage Sorted! :mrgreen:

Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

I'm sure if you use a reputable towbar fitter, you could get a good detachable bar fitted for less than £1000. Bowman's in Bury fitted a Westfalia detachable one for around £560,with a dedicated wiring pack on my Kuga. I ordered one with my xc40, on the caravan and motorhome club discount, which gave 10% off accessories ordered with the car. Then after a balls up with the delivery, the dealer supplied it free, only time I've ever been lucky... Apart from bad luck as the song goes😢😢.
Seems like a good bit of kit though, and I'm intending keeping the car a long time. Sorry I can't be of more help.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

The advantage of the dealer fitted unit is it comes with the auto deploy..switches in the boot...and fully interfaces with the cars electronics...not just the usual electrics but the reversing sensors..BLIS etc

I had a dealer fit one installed on mine before collection.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
mpw2081

Post by mpw2081 »

Alot of money though, i've just been quoted 480 for detachable tow bar, towsure with dedicated wiring kit to conform with warranty.