Protecting diamond cut alloys

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
DrSaint

Post by DrSaint »

Hi,
My new car will have diamond cut alloys. I've read that Alloygators cannot be used on diamond cut. My current V40 has 'developed' kerb rash and I'm anxious to protect the XC40.
Anyone have any tips?
Thanks 😀

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

The XC40 may well have chunkier tyres than the V40 which might well offer more protection. Mine are standing up well.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Just be careful and you’ll be fine. I find that when I drive into a space, I leave plenty of distance to the kerb. I then reverse using the dipped mirrors. I have to crane my neck as I can’t actually see my wheels (don’t have the 360 cameras or indeed a reversing camera. A year on and my wheels are perfect.
Last edited by Dermottdog on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

This is the value of the 360 degree camera. I can see the curb plus I get an audible warning if I get to close. Along with dipping mirror there is no excuse for curbing the alloys.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Premium Forum Member

Post by Premium Forum Member »

DrSaint wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:14 am Hi,
My new car will have diamond cut alloys. I've read that Alloygators cannot be used on diamond cut. My current V40 has 'developed' kerb rash and I'm anxious to protect the XC40.
Anyone have any tips?
Thanks 😀
Good driving 😀