Dash cam cameras for the XC40

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

I've fitted a Blackvue 2channel system into my Audi S5 (was in my F Pace) and now looking to purchase the same and install in the XC40 - For me the Blackvue systems are a great piece of kit and pretty discrete - However on reading this thread I had not considered the space limitations due to the large internal camera housing that is already in the car - Will have to take a look before I commit!
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D

Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Rifleman wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:27 am
Telboy wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:24 am I've got an Anker Roav C1 Pro, bit like the Viofo A119, coming in a few days so will fit and report back.

Seems the new plastic surround around the rear view mirror containing all the safety stuff is going to be the challenge!
Does the Anker have the left-right adjustable lens like the Viofo?
My current car has a similar safety gadget setup, mounted camera on passenger side close up to the plastic with the lens angled to the right. Just get a slight cut off of picture from the plastic cover but nothing too intrusive.

The left-fight adjust also gives the option of mounting top left or right of the screen and angling toward center but the screen on my car is too curved to do that, not sure about the XC40...
It does have the adjustable lens, will report back once fitted.
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
ukgulf

Post by ukgulf »

2018 XC40 T5 AWD First Edition Fusion Red 20" Wheel upgrade
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

When you go on the link you Kindly provided, it states not compatible with the new XC90, possibly due to the reasons mentioned previously in this post and thus will probably not be compatible with the XC40??
MPS 1

Post by MPS 1 »

Andy S wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:26 pm I've fitted a Blackvue 2channel system into my Audi S5 (was in my F Pace) and now looking to purchase the same and install in the XC40 - For me the Blackvue systems are a great piece of kit and pretty discrete - However on reading this thread I had not considered the space limitations due to the large internal camera housing that is already in the car - Will have to take a look before I commit!
Also looking at the Blackvue, I'll probably just mount it to the left of the box. Will slightly reduce the view as supposed to centred but they are quite wide angled anyways.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 20" wheels with headlamp washers | Ordered 13/02/18 | Delivered 11/05/18
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

TBH its quite a way to the left on my Audi as it has quite a large internal camera/speed etc housing and no problems on quality of picture.
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D
Chris-croft

Post by Chris-croft »

Thinkware F800 pro; we have the older F770 model on one or of our vehicles, did lots of research before purchasing, and having had it for 18months, its still very impressive.
T5 FE GREY OUTSIDE; BLACK INSIDE; 20" RIMS; Oct 19 DEL with P*
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

The attachment fullsizeoutput_f4a.jpeg is no longer available
So, I have fitted mine as close to the rear view mirror - in line as such and then tucked the charging wire in to the head liner, ran it all the way down the A pillar, along under the glove box and plugged it in to the lower USB socket, looks pretty tidy and so far doesn't seem to interfere with the DAB radio or other Volvo safety cameras, full road test tomorrow to be sure all works ok and with the camera having wide angled view (4 x lanes), good view of the road ahead both day and night with GPS too. Bonus is it seems pretty quick at downloading the videos to my phone via Wifi and the cameras App.

The camera is less than 40mm down from the passenger side wiper mark so should keep the law in check.

No affiliation to Roav or the dealer on Amazon, however solid bit of kit that tucks away nicely for £99 delivered.

Details of the camera for those interested here;

https://goroav.com/collections/desktop- ... cam-c1-pro

fullsizeoutput_f4a.jpeg

Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Just collected my new car today and booked it in on Wednesday for front and rear dash cam installation, will post update after Wednesday
T5 First edition Crystal White
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Michaelxc40 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:28 pm Just collected my new car today and booked it in on Wednesday for front and rear dash cam installation, will post update after Wednesday
Congrats.

Which dash cam are you having installed?
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18