Plug-in plugged-in?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
4 character

Post by 4 character »

Was having problems with my T5 Twin 12v battery going flat.

When assist came out the engineer said that there was a known issue that if the car was plugged in for days without being driven then it would drain the 12v.

So my question. Anyone else with a twin leave their car plugged in for days, without driving, and if so how long?

morganj

Post by morganj »

Just had mine at home from Friday until this morning and have not noticed any issues.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

How did you leave your plugged in?
T5 Twin-engine Momentum Plus
4 character

Post by 4 character »

Into a 32amp socket. I set the charge initially to run from 00:30 to 02:30 so that the car is 3/4 full, then change the start/end times to be 5 minutes apart for subsequent days.

This is because I don't want the car sitting at 100% full for up to a week when I won't be driving.
aublick

Post by aublick »

So, I just has this issue today. The car was plugged in from Wednesday morning, today (Saturday) when wanted to enter it, it was completely dead, didn't even unlock. When the assistance guy came, he plugged it to a 12V charger and everything started working again.

Did any of you you have any follow-up with Volvo regarding this issue?
4 character

Post by 4 character »

I did. I'm told it's a known fault and not to leave the car plugged in for more than 12 hours otherwise the electrics stay on and drain the 12v battery.

Not impressed, but I was told Volvo are working on the issue.
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

Whaaaat?! 12 hours?!

Does this take a toll on the 12v battery lifespan?

If so, I’m not going to pay for a replacement if needed before the 3rd 4th year it should normally last!
T5 Twin-engine Momentum Plus