Disconnecting a call

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hey

When on the phone, a red ‘end call’ symbol and a mute symbol appear just underneath the speedo and rev counter. Obviously, they are not able to be pressed. So why have them there? I’ve scanned the manual but can’t see the information I want.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

Bob

Post by Bob »

can you use the < and > keys on the steering wheel to highlight one of the symbols then press 'o' key to select it?
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Bob wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:35 pm can you use the < and > keys on the steering wheel to highlight one of the symbols then press 'o' key to select it?
Hi

I thought I couldn’t but I’ll give it another try. To be honest, I’ve only had a handful of calls in the car. As I’m about to experiment, the person on the other end terminates the call🙄
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

During the call, the red symbol should be highlighted. If you push the “o” key on the steering wheel, the call will disconnect. If you want to mute the call, push the < or > key on the steering wheel, the mute symbol becomes highlighted, than push the “o” key on the steering wheel, the call will be muted.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

eugen61 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:15 pm During the call, the red symbol should be highlighted. If you push the “o” key on the steering wheel, the call will disconnect. If you want to mute the call, push the < or > key on the steering wheel, the mute symbol becomes highlighted, than push the “o” key on the steering wheel, the call will be muted.
Perfect. Thanks. I will give it a try. 👌
Bob

Post by Bob »

Looks like my guess may have been right, never actually noticed the symbols you speak of ;)
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Yep, just had a call in the car and can confirm that the word ‘End Call’ is highlighted and in bold. You can select it by using the left and right arrow keys and then pressing the centre button.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

I always use the centre screen. I find it quicker and easier to physically press the appropriate button.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.