Another Recall Letter

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

The Gov recall website lists 2 recalls for the MY20 XC40. The first is for the braking system software issue and the second is for a missing nut (there should be two) which secures the brake booster to the firewall. This only affected 224 cars however so very few owners would receive that letter. You would hope dealers check all cars for this issue during routine servicing to be on the safe side.
T5 R Design Pro AWD in Bursting Blue with Xenium, Winter Plus, Intellisafe and Convenience packs

Gnomeface

Post by Gnomeface »

I've also just had a second letter about the same fault. I'm leaving it until its first service in a couple of months time.
Family car - XC40 T5 Inscription Pro, Glacier Silver, charcoal leather, Intellisafe Pro and Xenium packs. Dog guard and mud flaps added since.
Fun car - Mercedes SLC
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Hi All,

Does anyone know how quick recall information is updated after it's being fixed?

Two weeks ago bought a Volvo Selekt car from a Dealer and discovered that it is listed with an active recall.

I have asked the Dealer about it and they said that it was fixed prior to delivery.

So I am curious on when it actually get updated on the Volvo site or if it get updated at all?

Thanks.