Another Recall Letter

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Pirots

Post by Pirots »

just received another recall letter for the automatic emergency brake system, a function of the intellisafe system, for cars 2019 to 2020.

I have read that Volvo were saying dashcams could cause this problem. I wonder if they have found out that it's a fault and nothing to do with dashcams. Not that I expect them to admit it.
Volvo XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design, Auto, Thunder grey, Xenium pack, Intellisafe surround, Winter pack, Convenience pack, Spare wheel.

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

This was announced back in March, seems they're taking their time:

https://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-n ... ng-problem
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Pirots

Post by Pirots »

The car went for a recall after they opened for the lockdown, but I can't remember what it was for. Hopefully it was for the same thing.
Volvo XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design, Auto, Thunder grey, Xenium pack, Intellisafe surround, Winter pack, Convenience pack, Spare wheel.
isvicthere

Post by isvicthere »

Pirots wrote: ↑Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:39 pm just received another recall letter for the automatic emergency brake system, a function of the intellisafe system, for cars 2019 to 2020.

I have read that Volvo were saying dashcams could cause this problem. I wonder if they have found out that it's a fault and nothing to do with dashcams. Not that I expect them to admit it.
What do you mean by "another" letter? Do you mean it's the second letter for the same recall.

The Volvo recall website says there is only one recall outstanding for the XC40, no mention of a second recall.

The recall is software related. I got my first and only letter a few months ago and intend to get it sorted at the first service.
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Use this Gov UK page to search for recalls for your car.
I tried a random check on a 2019, XC40 and it’s had two recalls.
https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall ... 1597702257
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
isvicthere

Post by isvicthere »

BionicRusty wrote: ↑Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:15 pm Use this Gov UK page to search for recalls for your car.
I tried a random check on a 2019, XC40 and it’s had two recalls.
https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall ... 1597702257
On that site my MY2020 (actual year 2019), using my reg. number, has one recall mentioned.

On the official Volvo recall site, using my car's VIN number, it has the same one recall outstanding.
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Using your actual registration number will, of course, identify a much more accurate result than the search I tried.
I randomly typed in XC40 and 2019. πŸ‘
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Pirots wrote: ↑Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:51 pm The car went for a recall after they opened for the lockdown, but I can't remember what it was for. Hopefully it was for the same thing.
There's always the possibility that the update failed & the service dept. were too sloppy to check. I would suggest hitting the On Call button & chatting to the very helpful advisers. It is likely you'll get someone working from home, who can't access the relevant system but, in that case, they'll give you a number for the Technical Team - they can interrogate your car's status for you.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
isvicthere

Post by isvicthere »

I find it amazing that you randomly typed but managed to type XC40. What are the chances; I'd buy a lottery ticket if I were you πŸ˜€
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

isvicthere wrote: ↑Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:56 am I find it amazing that you randomly typed but managed to type XC40. What are the chances; I'd buy a lottery ticket if I were you πŸ˜€
Give an infinite number of monkeys and all that. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver