Unlocking the tailgate without unlocking the doors

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

I have a question about the power tailgate. Isn't it possible to unlock and open the power tailgate without unlocking the doors? In my previous cars it was possible and was a great convenience. In my new XC40, when I open the tailgate using my foot it unlocks the doors as well. I searched the manual to find a setting about it and found only this:

With the power operated tailgate option* -
Long press (approx. 1.5 seconds) on the remote control key's button
The tailgate is unlocked and opened, while the side doors remain locked and their alarm functions armed.

Does this mean that it's only possible when using the key? Makes no sense to me.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this was discussed here before (I couldn't find it).

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

frtsrm wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:06 pm I a question about the power tailgate. Isn't it possible to unlock and open the power tailgate without unlocking the doors? In my previous cars it was possible and was a great convenience. In my new XC40, when I open the tailgate using my foot it unlocks the doors as well. I searched the manual to find a setting about it and found only this:

With the power operated tailgate option* -
Long press (approx. 1.5 seconds) on the remote control key's button
The tailgate is unlocked and opened, while the side doors remain locked and their alarm functions armed.

Does this mean that it's only possible when using the key? Makes no sense to me.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this was discussed here before (I couldn't find it).
Hi

I don’t understand what you’re trying to do. You ask is it possible etc. Then you’ve answered the question. Are you saying that previous car’s you’ve owned unlocked the tailgate with a swipe of the foot but the doors have remained locked? I too searched the manual and came up with the same explanation of a 1.5 long press on the key.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

Sorry for the confusion. What I want is to be able to open the tailgate using my foot, without it unlocking the doors. If it's possible with the key, it should be possible with foot movement.
Sps1999

Post by Sps1999 »

... then press the key for 1.5 seconds 😂