Flexible boot floor

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
PP1981

Post by PP1981 »

Hi I’m hoping someone can help me. We have our car on order and not bothered with the versatility pack but would like to know if/where we could get the folding flexible boot floor if we did want it later and what people’s thoughts are on it please?
XC40 T3 Auto R-Design Pro MY2021 Fusion Red with Versatility Pack, Climate Pack, Wireless Charging Pad, Electronic Child Locks, Sunglasses Holder, Genuine Folding Rear Metal Safety Guard and Mud Flaps..

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

If you're in two minds why not amend the order for £475 and then enjoy the versatility pack from day one? You get power folding rear head rests too....and keyless drive if not already specified. The folding flexible boot floor is not an official accessory but a dealer might be able to get one as a spare part?? Worth asking them maybe?
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Bazza

Post by Bazza »

I have an ex-demo which has the flexible floor. It works well for carrying small objects but has its down sides. The tyre foam and towing eye are hidden under the rear of the bottom floor covering and if you need them you have to lift out the complete tray.
Since having the car I have bought a spacesaver wheel which means removing the bottom tray all together. I had to fabricate a new floor cover over the wheel which gives me a space of about 75mm deep.
Useful for flat objects and the folding floor division still works.
If buying new i would have a look at the dealership.
R-Design T4AWD Auto Fusion Red
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

We find it very useful and use it a lot.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
PP1981

Post by PP1981 »

Thanks for the replies everyone. I’ll ask the dealer what the cost of the extra shelf is. Not bothered about the pack really as don’t want to pay for the other stuff we’re not going to use, especially as it doesn’t include electronic folding of the seats anymore.
XC40 T3 Auto R-Design Pro MY2021 Fusion Red with Versatility Pack, Climate Pack, Wireless Charging Pad, Electronic Child Locks, Sunglasses Holder, Genuine Folding Rear Metal Safety Guard and Mud Flaps..
PP1981

Post by PP1981 »

blastpipe wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:10 am If you're in two minds why not amend the order for £475 and then enjoy the versatility pack from day one? You get power folding rear head rests too....and keyless drive if not already specified. The folding flexible boot floor is not an official accessory but a dealer might be able to get one as a spare part?? Worth asking them maybe?
PS Does the R-design Pro not have Keyless Drive already minus the kick sensor?
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I don't know mines a 2019 Rd not pro. Volvo's car builder website will confirm current specifications
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

PP1981 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:42 pm
PS Does the R-design Pro not have Keyless Drive already minus the kick sensor?
Yes & no depending on your definition. It has keyless start but not keyless entry - it’s a bit daft for Volvo to introduce the term 'Keyless Drive'.

BTW, I think the folding floor is really handy but probably not worth what Volvo charge for the requisite parts. When I bought mine, the convenience pack was only £250 and included power-folding rear seats. Keyless entry was a separate option which was a gift for me as I didn't want it (less of an issue now as Volvo has massively improved the system).
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Ks2

Post by Ks2 »

I'd be keen to know the cost if you get a price.....
RichardXC

Post by RichardXC »

I'm in the same boat. I had a flexible floor in an XC60 - probably close to 10 years ago - and found it useful. However, I didn't want to buy the convenience pack because I didn't want "keyless drive".

So, a flexible floor as an accessory may be worthwhile, provided it's not a crazy price.