Unable to get a wiggle

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hey

I was under the impression that you could put an icon, stop/start for example, to sit on the central screen but pressing on it and getting to wriggle before you dragged it somewhere (iPad like). Well, no matter what I do, icons won’t wiggle. Ideas or instructions anyone?

Thanks - Rob
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

20200810_210525.jpg

You can't put them on the central screen but you can move the icons around on the rh screen. I have camera dead centre, stop/start top left, and everything else moved down out of way (so you have to scroll down). It's just a matter of press & hold, then drag & drop
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Silver Moose wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:11 pm 20200810_210525.jpgYou can't put them on the central screen but you can move the icons around on the rh screen. I have camera dead centre, stop/start top left, and everything else moved down out of way (so you have to scroll down). It's just a matter of press & hold, then drag & drop
[/quote

Ah, this is where the confusion is then. I thought you could somehow move an icon to the home screen, replacing one of the first three icons for something else. So all you’re actually doing is popping the icon in an unpopulated part of the screen so when you swipe, you only have one icon to choose from?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Yup, that's about it.

You don't have to go that extreme but, it helps with the camera button to have some clear space so you can stab at it on the move, without mis-hitting something else. Would also be useful for park in/out for those that have it.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
isvicthere

Post by isvicthere »

To make more room on the media/app page, rather than positioning the apps off the page, it's simpler to uninstall them. They're pretty useless anyway. That just leaves USB, DAB to select, again useful to select when driving.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

isvicthere wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:55 pm To make more room on the media/app page, rather than positioning the apps off the page, it's simpler to uninstall them. They're pretty useless anyway. That just leaves USB, DAB to select, again useful to select when driving.
👍
isvicthere

Post by isvicthere »

Silver Moose wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:11 pm 20200810_210525.jpgYou can't put them on the central screen but you can move the icons around on the rh screen. I have camera dead centre, stop/start top left, and everything else moved down out of way (so you have to scroll down). It's just a matter of press & hold, then drag & drop
Rather than accessing the Stop/Start button by the centre screen an alternative would be to assign the car an Individual Driving mode. The mode could be based on, say Comfort mode, but have the Start/Stop deactivated.

That way to switch off Start/Stop would be simply to press the hard physical drive mode button and select Individual.

That way it could be done at any time during the journey with less distraction.
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

This is what I do. Individual Driving Mode is a real gift for setting up the features you like and rejecting the others. I base mine on Comfort Mode but with a firmer steering setting - and no stop/start!