Auto Gearbox XC40 / XC60

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Notsure

Post by Notsure »

Hi
My car is in with the dealer for a week (my choice) for them to do a couple of bits and to investigate a rumble / rattle that I have experienced in differing degrees, in lower gears, when the engine is under torque. ie.going up a steep hill.
I have had a conversation with the master tech and he is saying he can't hear it and it all sounds normal.
So, my question is, does the T5 XC60 (my loan car) have the same 8 speed auto gearbox as my T4 XC40. The XC60 appears much smoother and doesn't seem to have the same noise about it.

Any thoughts welcome
T4 R Design, Auto, Crystal White, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Front Park Assist, Smartphone Integration, Tempa spare wheel and jack.

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Yes, it’s the same gearbox, 8 speed auto, all across the entire Volvo range (notable exception XC40 T5 Twin Engine with its A7). However, the software is different, being specifically tuned to every model and engine spec. So you’ll experience different shifting in XC60 T5 vs XC40 T4.
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

Yes the transmission is the same in both models - it is also the same transmission used in several Lexus, BMW, Landrover and Mini models. Made by Aisin.